1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Marineland Warranty/ Customer service.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray/Jen_Reefin, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Late Thursday night our 250dd seal broke . Everything was saved and put into other tanks we have set up. So far we have lost a few corals.
    We had about about 150 gals of water on the floor . We were cleaning it up while it was leaking . At the same time we were draining the tank as fast as we could .
    We bought the tank last year in July (new).
    Marineland has a life time warranty as long as it's on their stand ....and it was.
    @Jen/Reefin@Jen/Reefin called Friday and started the claim. We thought we were going to have a hard time trying to straighten everything out .....but we are so impressed of this company!!!!
    I was amazed, they are taking care of everything . Its hard to find a company 100% all about the customer .
    They are replacing our tank, and they also pushed us the get a company in the house to look at our wood floor and walls for mold . They were very concerned!
    Yes our floors were damaged no mold .
    Thank you marine land for standing behind your product!

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That's a very big problem with the DD tanks. I'm hearing more and more about them. Sounds like they have a pretty serious design issue because it is happening way too often.
    --- Auto-Merged, Apr 23, 2016 ---
    Oh yeah and also, THAT SUCKS man!!!!

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Ray - glad to hear they stand behind it! Particularly since we have a 300DD (and stand) in the garage waiting to be set up.

We had a 210 failure a few years ago and feel your pain. Our insurance company got someone out immediately to clean/dry etc to avoid mold too.

Bud - where have you been hearing about DD failures? I researched before buying and only found a few - mostly a few years old?

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Ray & Jen - sorry to hear about your problem with the tank. I'm glad to hear that Marineland is providing good service/support. I hope you don't loose too many corals or fish!

5. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    @Ray/Jen_Reefin@Ray/Jen_Reefin Glad that they are taking care of you with no hassles. I couldn't imagine the sickening feeling you had walking into a house full of water and having to move everything into new tanks. What a nightmare.

I've heard of a few failures, but I think in the grand scheme of things it's a very small percentage of the DD tanks they sell. I would guess it's not much, if any, higher failure rate than any other large tanks.
    I've been very happy with my DD. I bought it used from a guy that had it on a homebuilt stand, and I stuck it on a homebuilt stand. No problems here (knock on wood). If I were to do it over again I would probably buy a custom tank. I don't like the overflows or the center brace on the DD tanks, but it still works fine.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  7. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I have seen a few DD failures on r2r and reef central. Especially the 2 failures from the same people bud linked.
    I like the dimensions of the DD tanks but don't think I would ever buy one.

8. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    They're probably afraid of design defect lawsuits given the number of seam failures they've had. Now if only Pella Windows was so helpful.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I got 72% off all my replacement Pella windows. I just had to paint the snot out of them because I don't trust that they "fixed the problem" and then pay to have them installed, which took about 4 hours for ~17 windows...those guys work fast

10. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Oh really? Maybe I can guilt them into giving me a similar discount, especially since Judge Posner overturned the settlement agreement as being unfair to the class members so now I can't even get my measly $500 or whatever until a new one is reached or there's a verdict. This thread is now about Pella Windows. Thank you.

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I just called Pella direct. I was going to go through the class action but I heard from someone that the class action was a wreck and a ripoff and to just wait until the deadline passed and call them directly and I would get a better deal. Which I did....

• Noteworthy! Noteworthy! x 1
    • List