1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Mangroves

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by NanoReef, Jan 16, 2020.

1. NanoReef

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody have any mangrove plants in the waterloo area? I might add one to the back of my AIO nano just for curiosity and then I am also thinking of rescaping my 75g freshwater. I'm thinking of making a small rock island in my 75g with a bunch of mangroves growing from it.

2. Jamie Wilson Ely

Jamie Wilson

Ely
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Have three in my innovative Marine tank
    that I picked up in Florida off the beach love them

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  3. NanoReef

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nice, yeah I see a lot on ebay but with the weather they wouldn't make shipping since I work during the day. They would perish sitting on my steps. But yeah they look great in lagoon tanks. I just want to experiment in my nano. I really want to give it a try in my 75g with a fresh water island. Then if the roots grow well, remove the rocks to give their sense root look.

4. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ditto, I want to set up a mangrove tank. I'm in CF. I was going to see what I can pickup at GIRS,and I got a family friend coming back from Florida keys, that k might be able to bring some items.

Let's keep in touch maybe we can help each other out.

5. NanoReef

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, I still have a bit before I can rescape the freshwater tank but I could set up a tub to grow them until i'm ready to put them in.