1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking for Fall Fest 2012 info

Discussion in '2012' started by adampottebaum, Aug 15, 2012.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

Is there any info out there for Fall Fest this year? I lost the flyer that I recieved at Spring Fest so I was going to go to the fests webpage but that doesn't work and I can't find a single piece of info on GIRS right now. I remember it was November 10th in Cedar Rapids, but that's about all I remember. Can someone in charge of this please get on this and get some publicity out there. I had some people in Nebraska asking about it and I could only tell them what I remembered and didn't have any link to send them.

Also, if someone could get some flyers made up I could pass them around to all the LFS's in Omaha and I have some friends from Lincoln that I could have them pass some around. Please PM me for my address

I know it's summer and a lot of people have better things to do(along with the BOD changes), but this should be something easy to do since we already have the flyers made up.

Thanks!

2. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Could a trustee from the CR\IC area answer this please.

3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Its in the works. It getting put together. There was a date set, but that date may not work now because of other larger things going on in Iowa City area at that time. I am sure Andy will chime in as soon as he catches this post. They have the venue for sure I know that.

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Fall Fest will be Saturday, November 10th at the Clarion Highlander Hotel in Iowa City. We have a few details that we are finalizing with the Hotel and will be signing the contract shortly. We'll be working on plans for speakers and/or demo's next. Expect more details to follow soon.

5. chica0902

chica0902 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang... I was hoping to be able to go, but my sisters wedding is that day. Maybe I can convince her to reschedule?! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I'll be there and I'll be giving away an Algae Scrubber in the raffle.

7. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bud...How about a really big frag tank instead? =)

8. softieatheart

softieatheart Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Could we get some more information regarding Fall Fest? Other than the announcment that is would be November 10th at the Clarion Highlander Hotel in Iowa City a month and a half ago, I haven't heard anything.

9. danmgray Well-Known ReefKeeper

Sioux City, IA
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  10. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of info coming out about it.

11. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a post on the homepage about the speakers; Mark Vera and John Coppolino. There is a new "fests" website that has just come out, you can link to it under Home>Events>FallFest2012 or visit www.girsfests.com

There will be a new home page announcement within a week or so. Fliers are being distributed to the LFStores and regions this week. Stay tuned!