1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Large leather

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bjontz7, Dec 4, 2017.

1. I have a friend looking to buy a large leather. He would like one 8 inches or bigger across if anyone is willing to part with one.
    Text me 319-202-2016

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have an Elephant Ear leather that is about 18" tall and 20"+ wide.

This pic is a little old, it fluctuates in size. From huge to friggin huge. I'm thinking of parting with it in preparation for going down to a 75g, I'm pretty sure if there were a soft-coral version of the Tang Police, I'd be in trouble...

IMG_1770.JPG

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    PS that's currently in a 120 2'x2'x4' tank.

4. Lol that's awesome! I'll let him know right now! Do you have a price in mind?

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I haven't really thought about it, but it would be a fair price, I'm more concerned that it would be going to a tank big enough for it. It's cramped right now

6. My friend has a 300 hex setup. He has plenty of space!

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    That is gy-normous! Lol how old is it Bud?! Goodness! Were you looking for that much growth?! Lol

8. lol I've seen that thing in person is giant

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yeah that could be a good home!
    I would have to dig back but I think I've had it at least 7 years, was holding it for someone when they had to move suddenly and now it's pretty much mine since he moved to Atlanta.
    It's also kinda weird, it's moved from one rock to another over time, occasionally it will curl up and act like it's going to die, then it's back to normal - been a while since that happened.

I think one can frag it pretty easily actually, cut a piece off, use bridal view to hold it onto a rock for a few days or something along those lines.

Or you can just lop off the top and it will grow back, right @F.D. Reefer@F.D. Reefer? Off with his head!!!

10. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    That's great for 7 years. It will continue to grow too. Typical for acting like it's going to die. Lol. I knew they moved. Miss any fish at any time? A guy in Washington state has/had one. His would eat fish on occasion.

11. what are you feeding that thing bud,..plutonium?

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yes actually but since this thing doesn't really seem to have a "mouth" anywhere (not that I can find) I didn't think that was the culprit. The guy in WA might have a different type?

I found an Anthia on the floor once, but I'm relatively sure that the other ones that have gone missing also went carpet surfing / wood floor surfing and the dog ate them before I found them.

13. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Yes, they are known to eat fish. Not a lot but they will. Lol. They do have a mouth. You just can' see it Bud;)