1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

June Meeting

Discussion in 'Burlington Region' started by yankieman, Jun 6, 2016.

1. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We had a great time Sat at our Monthly meeting , , Not huge turnout but we had 8 of us here , we created a nice rock sculpture which we then raffled it off for a door prize Cathy Campbell won the rock creation and Joe Clark won the feeder ring that was the second door prize,,here is some pics of me demonstrating the gluing process for making a nice rock creation , and of us making some more DIY rocks ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    @yankieman@yankieman your mixture looks like it is pretty thick, when we did this in DSM last year it was really kind of liquid, meaning, there was no way we could form it into a shape on it's own, it flowed and conformed to the same form. So was that too thin of a mixture?

3. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like you added to much water ,, I try and make it somewhat thick

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I guess the thickness got lost in translation when we were talking, pictures are worth a lot more!! It looks almost like you could grab a handful of it, form it into a ball, and it would pretty much hold shape. Ours was like medium-thick oatmeal if I recall correctly, when poured into the sand mold it would flatten out on top like freshly poured cement. I think that's too thin. Might have to redo this meeting!

5. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    Turbo-Too thin, should be moist enough to stay together when squeezed per the garf specs, but, not to dry or will be fragile.
    Yankee looks to have the proper ratios going. Good looking rock

Sent from my SGH-M919 via App

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Garf specs?