1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

June get together/picnic

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Firefish2014, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Firefish2014

Firefish2014

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been so crazy with work that I haven't gotten this posted. I was looking at June 29 at 5pm for our next get together. We had talked about a picnic at the last meeting and Scott County Park was suggested for the location. Let me know if this works for everyone and what food items you want to bring.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Adam

Durant, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh man that's when I'm going back home to Ohio Sorry guys I'll have to miss this get together.

3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I am gonna miss also. My weekend to work. Sorry.

4. sassafras

sassafras Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I can make it. If plans don't change I will bring a Stashu & Son's Sausage & Cheese tray.

5. sassafras

sassafras Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I shared the info with the qcreef facebook group to try to get more people to become a member of GIRS. Those who are not members of GIRS can they become a member if they come to the park to check out the group or will they need to go to the website?

6. Firefish2014

Firefish2014

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As of right now since there are not many able to make this event I think we may post pone it for another time.
    Non GIRS members can attend one meeting before joining. They would want to go on the website to become members.

7. sassafras

sassafras Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think one issue maybe communication to the members. I would suggest a Facebook group for this region or contacting members by a mass email. I just happened to glance at the forum but I don't check it or the website on a regular basis so this could be one reasonwhy their is such a low response. Just a thought :)

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    During the summer it's common for people to not visit the site here. Everyone is always super busy this time of year so it's not uncommon for members to not reply and/or attend the meeting....... Hope it works out for your group! :0)

9. Firefish2014

Firefish2014

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to post pone this event for today. If anyone wants to try this again for July let me know some dates that you are available. The weekend of July 20th is the only weekend I couldn't do.