1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

[Jun 6, 2015] DSM/Ames Region BBQ (Ankeny, IA)

Discussion in '2015' started by Bud, May 27, 2015.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Mark your calendars! It's the Des Moines & Ames Region Summer BBQ Meeting!

Please RSVP if you are coming (you can mark Yes, No, or Maybe, and you can change your status if something comes up!)

Also note any guests you are bringing along as well (in your RSVP)

If you are planning on bringing anything, please comment in the thread that is part of the Event!

Hope to see you there!

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I added my status - hover your mouse over my name under the map and you can see my comment!

Questions: family event? Kid friendly? I'm assuming yes?

3. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Yes all of thee above lol.

4. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    me and bennyboy 515 are coming

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Go ahead and RSVP via the event at the top of the page, @Bennyboy515@Bennyboy515 also (easier to get a head count that way)

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I have a question, are any events going to be held in Des Moines versus Ankeny?

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It's mainly a matter of who is willing to host the event. For me, ankeny, WDM, Clive, Urbandale...all Des Moines. it's all the same area

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Also you gotta remember I'm from the twin cities where going across town is a minimum 1 hour trip with no traffic in the dead of night. So to me there is no "across town" here. Lol

9. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    All the other events were held in Des Moines besides the Christmas party that was held in Johnston :) this is the first one held in Ankeny which is in between Des Moines and Ames since we are the Des Moines /Ames area group. :) hope to see everyone there

Im thinking cheeseburgers and brats

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Brats sound good to me

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I understand that Bud but I hadn't even heard that an event was being planned. If members don't know that a meeting is upcoming and a meeting place is needed, people cannot volunteer or make suggestions. Did I miss it? I'm subscribed/following and never received any notification except the BBQ thread:(

12. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Hope you can make it @Sponge@Sponge the point of this meeting is to get the planning in for the upcoming meetings to get them on the calendar since the ball has been dropped on that. Your input would be great i know youll have some good ideas on what we can do ect for different meetings for the rest of the year. Really hope you can make it

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @Sponge@Sponge, there are 2 threads about this subject in the regional forum

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/threads/des-moines-monthly-meetings.23464/

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/threads/bbq-june-meeting-vote.23517/

Everything got reset when the forum transition was made. I re-subscribed everyone to the threads they had previously posted in, but if you had previously "subscribed" to a whole sub-forum, or all sub-forums (so that you got an alert whenever a post or new thread was made), that was not transitioned (and there is no way to do that, because that part of the system is very different).

You got a message about this thread because I manually sent out a bulk email specifically for this thread to everyone who is in the DSM/Ames group. If you want to get all messages for a sub-forum, you have to "watch" each sub-forum

14. Tamerd

des moines
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Well it won't allow me to mark yes or no or maybe at the top. Assuming because I just made the account, but I'd like to attend

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It should allow you to mark it now, and welcome to the site!

If you haven't paid membership dues, you can attend one event. Read this for more information

16. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    same her it wont let me and benny mark yes or no we are coming still
    ;)

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I see you RSVPd so it must be working for you, just to make sure it matched permissions on the test account and was able to RSVP.

18. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Sorry I won't be able to make it, as I will be out of town for a family event.

If you plan/discuss other events on Saturday, don't forget about the club trip to Live Aquaria for a tour the first weekend in August. Currently 22 people are signed up.

19. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
  20. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Sounds good i think ill still plan something for the people not going to live aquaria