1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Jeanette's frags for Fall Fest

Discussion in '2015' started by beckerj3, Nov 1, 2015.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I've got a full frag tank for frags ready for the fest. Most have been healing for a month now:

Zoas - about 20 frags of zoas: Rastas, Sunny D's, radioactive dragon eyes, Green paly's, bam bams, yellow zoa, green eyes, blow pops, fire/ice zoa, purple death, armegeddon zoa. Most frags have 8-10 polyps and are priced $10-$15. Rastas are a bit more - but are about $2/polyp.

Leather: I'll have a nice colony piece of Colt leather plus 3-4 frags of green sinularia in various sizes

LPS: Really nice green candy cane frags - $15-$20 for 6-10 head frags; Also a couple frags of pink candy cane, bi-color candy cane and hammer

SPS: Blue-tipped green slimer, cali tort, 3 types of poccilapora, Purple stylophora, enchinata, Orange digi, setosa, red dragon, red planet, spongodes, supernatural cap. Probably a few more I missed.

Here are a few pictures of the frags and some of the mother colonies.

1st - My Cali tort - the pride & joy of my tank. Colony not for sale, but will have 4-5 frags.

[​IMG]

2nd pic - My mother colony of purple stylo, hammer, enchinata, and spongodes. Several frags from each of these colonies.
    [​IMG]

Here's the frag tank - will be bringing most of these frags: Its hard to see individual pieces.
    [​IMG]

Heres a few of the rasta frags:
    [​IMG]

A frag or 2 of these zoas: bam bams, blow pops, yellow zoa
    [​IMG]

A couple frags of Sunny D's and the zoa on the right (frag of it, not that piece)
    [​IMG]

Enchinata frags and a couple other sticks:
    [​IMG]

A couple colony size pieces of the blue tip green slimer (middle and right hand pieces)
    [​IMG]

Armegeddon zoa frags and a sample of my green candy cane frags. They've got nice plump polyps
    [​IMG]

Green slimer colony is for sale. Excuse the picture - its too red. Also I have frags from the red dragon colony (behind the slimer) and frags of the bi-colored candy cane (lower right hand corner)
    Green slimer colony - 7" tall - $45 - I will pre-sell this and only bring to the fest if it is sold.

[​IMG]

And lastly - my tri-colored valida colony is for sale - $80
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. F.D. Reefer Well-Known ReefKeeper

Fort dodge
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Fantastic

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks!

The green slimer colony ($45) will only be brought to the fest if pre-sold. Otherwise I will not detach it from the rock it is on.

4. Blanch

Blanch Inactive User

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Always great frag!

5. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Interested in slimmer if still available for 45 .

6. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    They all look great!

7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Sorry Ray - since no one expressed interest in the slimer, I cut a couple frags off it to get it to a more manageable size. I'll be bringing the slightly smaller sized colony to Frag fest if you are still interested in it - at a reduced price. PM/text sent.

I have also cut a couple frags off of the tri-colored Valida - so it will be selling for $70. Its still big..:)

8. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    how much for a piece of that sps that is under the blue tip green slimer colony in the picture.

9. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Ha! If you are referring to the SPS under the blue tip slimer colony on the left side of the picture, that's my Oregon Tort. Got a frag from @jeremy@jeremy at Spring fest last year. Its growing nicely, but I'm not fragging it yet! I think about 10 people have asked me about it so far..

10. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    :cool:
    --- Auto-Merged, Nov 9, 2015 ---
    I don't have any either.

11. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    no im talking about the montipora looking thing that is encrusting on the rock that the blue tip green slimmer is on,

12. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Isnt that a metor shower?

13. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    ya thanks could not think of the name for some odd reason.

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Ahhh. Correct. I was looking at the other piç. The pic with the cyphastrea is regular green slimer, not blue tip slimer.

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    The green slimer in the pic with the meteor shower cyphastrea is sold. One of the two blue tip green slimers is still available; as is the tri-color valida.

16. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks to everyone that stopped at my table. I hope you enjoy your frags. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also I gave away about 25 small quarter size pieces of red and green cap. I hope it grows for everyone!

17. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Thank you for all the frags . They look great. Jen and I enjoy seeing ya.

18. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Thanks Jeanette

19. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Jeanette, every thing I bought looks great, thank you. Geena was kind and took care of all my corals for me after the Fest. I still was not feeling the best and by 4:30 was ready to call it a day. She was really nice about it especially since she was looking forward to going to the Speakers dinner and we stayed home instead because of me.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  20. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I hope you are feeling beter now