1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Notice Issue with delayed emails

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Bud, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have noticed that I will get a push notification from Tapatalk, but the e-mail won't come through right away - sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer.

I've tracked this down to a temporary SMTP failure. This affects messages at random, so it's not one particular recipient host. I'm not sure if it's related to server configuration (possible), Xenforo configuration (not likely) or GoDaddy (highly likely). I say that because e-mails that are forwarded via the server to the board members (messages not generated by the forum software), are throwing errors too - and it's the same error.

Messages get stuck in the mail queue and eventually go out, usually at the next attempt. So if you see this, I've seen it too...so far, it's nothing more than just annoying.

As a temporary fix, I've set the Email deliver retry time to 5 minutes. It was set to 60, but very few messages went 60 minutes before a retry, so I don't know when the server decides to actually follow that rule.

2. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    I have noticed this too. just thought it was my phone, or carrier. but yes very annoying.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This has finally been resolved after repeatedly slapping GoDaddy techs in the face over chat. I finally got one that was able to see what was going on, opened a ticket, and that got it resolved.