1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Is there.......

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Sponge, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    A Public Buyer/Seller Feedback area on the site? I see it in the Members' area but not Public.o_O

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    It got moved to the members area several years ago when AJ was President. I'm not sure I ever understood that particular choice.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    This will be replaced when the Classifieds addon is installed. There will be a rating system. That is scheduled to be released next week, still in a beta phase so it might be a bit. The ratings system will not be tied to transactions/trades/etc but rather site-wide. So if someone helps you out when you need it you can give them a rating boost.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Why not feedback for buyers and sellers? How will people know if you are a good buyer/seller, have had problems/none(good), etc?

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    That's what it is. But you can give feedback for anyone for any reason

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Yes but there is no common place, right?

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    What do you mean?

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    If you mean there is no sub-forum, no there wouldn't be. The rating/feedback is tied to the user account. Right now it's just threads all lumped into in place with no way to filter or search them by the user.

9. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    The old site had the Member's buyer/seller feedback and the Public's buyer/seller feed back. Now the Member's area has the same as a sub-forum. There is no sub-forum for Public. I know there are bunches of threads all over for different buyers/sellers/vendors because people started new threads for the same person instead of using just one for that person....people didn't follow the guidelines unfortunately making it a mess and difficult to find all feedback for just 1 person/member.:( So, there is not going to be a sub-forum for buyer/seller/vendor feedback? :(

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    No, but I believe you will be able to click on a persons name and check their feedback like Amazon & Ebay.

11. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    The old site had the same forums/subforums as this one. Nothing was changed there. It was only members buyer/seller feedback. The public one was transferred to the members area several years ago. That information will remain there.

The new feedback system should be much easier and cleaner than having a forum. Much easier to find the information for a specific person. I believe you can still give feedback about transactions just like you would currently, its just specifically tied to the user. Which is a good thing.

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    This is what I am expecting, the developer got stalled out for a while due to personal commitments but has promised that this function will be in the next release on Monday, so that's when everyone will get the first look at that functionality.

13. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Ok, if it's cleaner and easier to get/look at the feedback, that will be awesome! Thanks guys!:)