1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help!! IS my tank crashing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChapmanFM, Apr 30, 2018.

1. over last 3 months I have been having death of my corals in my tank. But they are not going all at once. I lost my first coral, (birdnest about the size of a softball), once it was gone, then one of my monti's started going, once it bit the big one, another birdsnest went, now another monti is starting to go.
    I have had these corals for years, i havent added anything (corals, fish so on.) I do water changes weekly. Water Numbers are all good. Tank is about 5 years old.

2. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked for anything that maybe rusting?

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    My thoughts exactly

4. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    This is why I like to keep a couple extra Triton kits on hand. Just in case something seems off I can send a sample in to try to figure out what's going on. Might be a worthwhile investment if you have quite a bit invested in corals. Is it possible you have a bad batch of salt?

5. So i found my UV sterilizer was rusting on the inside, and my clamps on my pump to hose, I have no clue what to replace the clamps with.

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

8. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I use zip ties

9. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Glad you found that, run lots of carbon and water changes

10. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    If you don't trust zip ties you can also get plastic hose clamps or titanium clamps. I have a couple titanium ones in my sump on my return pump but they aren't cheap.

11. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nice work fellas!!!