1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help!! Irritatted bubble coral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cam, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Cam

Le Claire
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone, for the last week or so my bubble coral has mostly looked like the photo's. I have an emerald crab that seems to like hanging out by it and thought that might be the reason but I am not so sure. I have noticed these brown like swirls with a tube like center that wasn't there before. There are 2 on the right side of it. Whatever is inside of it will come to the end and if I get close to it, it will retract inside. Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Angi Allison Inactive User

Earlham
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd research parasites.

3. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Vermetid snails. They send out a mucus net that helps them catch food. The mucus frequently irritates nearby corals. A good way to kill them is to super glue their hole shut. A pair of wire cutters is effective at either crushing their shell or removing it entirely.

Take care of it though. Don't wait. If they're happy they can really take over. And that sucks, believe me.

@Cam@Cam

4. Cam

Le Claire
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes! looks just like it, thank you. I removed probably close to 10 tonight of various sizes. hopefully that helps.