1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I REALLY wish I could hear these speakers

Discussion in '2012' started by xroads, Mar 24, 2012.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    For those of you going to SF today, take the time to listen to the speakers.  Both are very very good. 
    Looking forward to the video.

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    i too can't wait to see and hear the speakers :)

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is this a hint?

You guys are gonna have to keep waiting because it's gonna be waaaaay to nice of a a day for my to sitting in my basement and editing videos.

Should be able to get to them sometime this week though.

4. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Waverz

5. Reeferforlyfe

Reeferforlyfe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hahahahaha, point taken! Vodka Seven please!

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    No, I wanted to make sure people knew how good of speakers we had coming. I didnt expect them online for a month or so, I know it is spring fever time.

How did the new equipment work?

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    The speakers were great! I made 2 out of 3, sorry bud, I couldn't sit still for 3 hours.
    I felt bad for the speakers that more people didn't attend. We need to make a point to encourage people to attend at future events and give the speakers a decent room to talk in. The sun was shining right on the screen when Gary Parr was trying to show his pictures.

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I didn't make the speakers because I was selling.  But I do plan to view them when they are online.
    Seems like we have the same question/issue all the time.  Although they are good/great speakers, it seems like we NEVER have good attendance.  I agree that the location of the speakers was not ideal (maybe far from ideal).  But even so, I wonder if that would have made any difference.
    Maybe we are trying to put TOO much into the fest.  Doors open at noon.  Then we had a speaker at 1, 2, and 3.  All speakers took their full hour I'm guessing.  Then the raffle at 4:00 (but delayed til 4:15 so that there was a short break between the end of the speaker and the raffle start).  If someone wanted to hear all 3 topics - when did they have time for shopping or mingling with other fellow hobbyists????   Maybe we would be better off with ONE great speaker and one demo (put on by a local person).

9. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0

Deffenitly stuff to consider next time.