1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Hobbyist Spaces & Premium Member Tables Sign-up!

Discussion in '2015' started by Bud, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    There's a bit of a change this year for Member tables and it's partially tied in with the new Premium Member user role, as described on the Help page and the thread in the Club Business forum.

What we're doing is bringing back the true Hobbyist space (which is half of a table), and introducing a Premium Member table (which is a full table). This is outlined in the bullet lists below.

Tables are 6-8 feet long, provided by the venue, and are not the janky wood banquet tables that we usually end up with, they are pretty sturdy (edited that per change of venue)...so there should not be a big problem with tanks causing the tables to bend/warp. However, if you are bringing an acrylic frag tank, IMO, you should still bring along a piece of 3/4" plywood to put under the tank. I've got some scrap pieces of this for anyone who might need it.

Member/Hobbyist Space: $25 (cash only)
    • Must be a GIRS Member only (i.e. not available to Premium Member)
    • Half table, single tank, 20G max
    • Shares table with another hobbyist
    • Cannot combine 2 half-tables into a single full table with one tank
    • No special table decorations (only those provided by fest coordinator/team)
    • No advertising material, signage, or business cards
    • No new equipment or dry goods (i.e. can't bring a stack of items)
    • Can bring personal used equipment or unwanted new equipment / dry goods (i.e. something they bought and don't need, just not multiple items)
    • Listed on fest promotion material as a hobbyist
    Premium Member Table: $50 (cash only)
    • Must be a Premium Member
    • Single table, approximately 30g max tank size
    • At the discretion of the Fest Coordinator, multiple tanks totaling no more than approximately 40g might be allowed (20 + 20, 30 + 10, etc)
    • Cannot split with another Premium Member or Hobbyist (exception: multiple Premium Members operating jointly)
    • Can bring special table decoration (within reason)
    • Advertising material, custom signage (within reason) and business cards allowed
    • Dry goods / equipment stock allowed
    • Personal equipment / dry goods stock allowed
    • Listed on fest promotion material as a Premium Member, in text only (no graphic banner/logo) but slightly larger than hobbyist text.
    Funds can be sent at any time via PayPal:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Payments can also be made via check/cash in person to any BoD member or Trustee, or sent in by snail mail. Please contact me and let me know what form of payment you would like to make (if other than PayPal)

If you have any questions, you can post here and I'll do my best to answer them!

If you have questions specifically about the Premium Member user role itself, please post on the thread in the Club Business forum.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Put me down for a premium

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    put me down for hobbyist.

4. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
  5. Deleted member 1386

Deleted member 1386 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take a hobby table please

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    We're coming up on 1 month out and with the venue change, we will have plenty of room for Hobbyist and Premium Member tables!

7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I'll be taking a table - just not sure if it will be a hobbyist table or premium member.

How do you plan to handle 'dates' for premium members, in respect to the yearly membership date being different?

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It's part of the integrated User Upgrade system so when I manually upgrade your account to Premium Member it will show an expiration date and they will be different, there's no way to automatically synchronize them but you can pay them both at the same time in person, or by direct paypal payment and then I can upgrade both manually.

There's no permission control regarding who can or cannot "see" an upgrade. Which is why anyone right now can pay $100 to be a sponsor. I thought there was, so now I'm looking at having this added into one of the addons used here.

9. Put me down for a Hobbyist table please, thanks!!

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0