1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JS, May 22, 2010.

1. JS

Clutier, IA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Jacob, I've lived in Waterloo for the last year and Iowa my entire life.  I'm an electronics technician and have been in the hobby for about a year progressing slowly and learning more every day.
    I currently have a 46 gallon standard bow front which houses damsels (girlfriend loves them) and a couple softies.  Running 2 T5's which seem to be sufficient for the life in the tank currently.  I just picked up a 75gallon standard and literally am in the process of drilling it, typing this while giving my neighbors a break from the noise.  My plans for the tanks are to build a corner unit to house both side by side, make the 75 a reef and convert the 46 to a pseudo refu.  I plan on piping both tanks to a common sump that is going to be housed in the bottom of the stand, thinking wood tank for this so I can utilize the entire bottom of the tank to maximize my water volume.  Have a hang on skimmer and separate emergency units as well as ball valves planned for all plumbing to isolate a display tank for emergencies.  Well that's about it for my current project.
    I look forward to being in the community and hope you are all having a wonderful day.
    ~Jacob

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Man that sounds awesome

There are quite a few of us in the Wloo area. If you ever need anything give us a shout.

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Girs Jacob! Sounds like you have a great start, keep us posted as your build comes along!

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS JS! Looking forward to hearing more about your new tank!

--AJ