1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help...

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by JLreef, Jul 7, 2012.

1. JLreef

JLreef

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The a.c. Went out in my building and I'm near the top and it is getting hot up here. Does anybody have a chiller I can borrow or rent for a couple of days. I live in downtown moline. I have abiocube29 gallon.

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You dont need a chiller
    I have a Clip on fan you can borrow. In my 90 this fan would bring my tank down from 82 degrees to 79. Just be sure to have plenty of top off water on hand.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you can't find a chiller, go to the store and get some ice, then float it in zip-log bags to cool off the tank. Just make sure the bags are totally sealed.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you can't find a chiller, go to the store and get some ice, then float it in zip-log bags to cool off the tank. Just make sure the bags are totally sealed.

5. JLreef

JLreef

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick replies!

JB thanks! We will try that!
    And mike thanks for the offer, if we need it we will get a hold of you.

As of right now we have two fans pointing at it along with our little fan we keep on the top of the tank to keep temps down due to the MH. Got it back down to 79.3 now and holding steady.

6. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Or you could turn off your lights

7. JLreef

JLreef

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't have my mh on, they turn off at 4:30. My ecoxoctic panorama will be turnin off in a few min...

8. JLreef

JLreef

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    - double post

9. Zachstankostosmall Well-Known ReefKeeper

Quad cities
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Frz some water in a water bottle and float that works good and since its so big it gives u a little time

10. JLreef

JLreef

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Our air is back on! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif