1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help fragging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shari Ham, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Shari Ham New User

Home
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Reef 1 Dec 17.jpg

reef 4.jpg

Reef 1 Dec 17.jpg

reef 4.jpg
    I am located in North Central Iowa and have had my reef for over a year. It is doing VERY well and it is becoming overrun. In fact, I think one of my carpet anenomes suffocated or killed a colt coral this week and is headed toward some green polyps.

One green mushroom has become 12 or more, 1 rhodactus mushroom has become 5 or more, 2 red mushrooms (different kinds) have become over 6. 1 blue mushroom is 4 or more. The one thing NOT spreading is the Xenia and the green leather. The colt coral keeps losing "branches" that plant elsewhere.

I have 2 carpet anenomes and would like only one.

I am hoping someone would be interested in teaching me how to frag and how to perhaps arrange my rock for more surface space for the corals. And, how to do this without harming my fish. I am hoping someone would be wiling to do this for 1 or 2 of each coral fragged and one of the anenomes.

Or any ideas? Thanks!

2. Are you close to Clear Lake?

3. Shari Ham New User

Home
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Posting your exact location might help a little bit. We have members all around Iowa, and I'm sure someone is more than willing to lend you a hand.

5. PM sent

6. Shari Ham New User

Home
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am indeed located in Clear Lake, IA. Anyone in the area might know me as a long time Dyvig's Pet Shoppe employee and then the owner of Animal Answers Petshoppe...first in Clear Lake, then in Mason City.