1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Qtr, May 25, 2016.

1. Qtr

Marion
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Heya everyone!

Been reading the forums and seemed like a great community to join. I'm very excited about the hobby and I'm pretty much all in right now converting from FW to SW.

In process of building a spacious more maintenance friendly stand for a 210 reef tank. Upgrading the sump to a new 75 gallon unit. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be ready for a couple hundred pounds of rock.

I've done a ton of reading over the last couple months brushing up on the hobby as this will be my first SW tank but I plan to do things right. Skimmer wise I'm about to pull the trigger on a Reef Octopus 3000int. Any opinions or experience with this unit?

Thanks for having me aboard. I'm sure fun times ahead!

2. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Sounds like your off to a great start. I am not familiar with the octopus you are getting but I have a couple of smaller ones that have been reliable and doing a good job for me.

3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Welcome. That's a good skimmer. I run the sro5000 int. I really like it.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Welcome!

Awesome skimmer!

Lots of great fish people in the Marion area

5. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Welcome to the club. You will get tons of info, and advice. Lots of great people here. Feel free to reach out!

6. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Welcome to the club. I live in cr. I have a 220 sitting waiting to be set up to replace my current setup. Feel free to contact me here in town.

7. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, glad to have more SW in the area. Hope to meet you in a regional meeting some time.

I have a Reef Octopus Diablo and I love it. Your model sounds like it will be a good fit for you setup. Good luck and kudos for reading up before starting.