1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Group DIY Food?

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by softieatheart, May 15, 2012.

1. softieatheart

softieatheart Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any chance there are plans on doing this in the near future?
    We can do it at my place if we need a site, although I am about 35-40 minutes north of QCA.

2. rockislandreefer

rockislandreefer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. I would be in for that, if it happens.

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We did a DIY food thing before and it was fun. It is not cheap though getting the stuff together.

4. softieatheart

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So did it go well last time?  Who organized it then?

5. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Myself and another member that because they had such a a large tank, 540gal, and large fish they always made their own food. So they bought all the stuff they normally do and then sold it for $3 a container to the folks that wanted some then kept the rest too feed their tank.

The folks that got some liked it but personally I didnt get any because it would be very high in phosphates and the food I use has 0.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    If you want the food recipe I used, whoever decides to be in charge can PM me. As far as being high in P, that depends on your ingredients.

7. softieatheart

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bud, I would be interested in the ingredient list, regardless of whether or not we get a group together.  For corals and fish. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif