1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Group buy - CUC - Reeftopia.com

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Aug 25, 2020.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I need to replenish my CUC. Reeftopia has free shipping at $125. I'm about half-way there. Anyone in the Des Moines Area interested in going in on a group buy??

@GIRS Member

2. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Let me take a look at what they have but I will most likely be in.

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Also note that they have lot prices on many of the snails, hermit crabs, and emerald crabs. When we group together the quantities that are wanted, we can usually get a better lot price.

4. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    By when do you want to know what we want and what day are you looking to receive shipment?
    Looks like they have some nice stuff, gonna have to figure out what I "need".
    Recent post got me looking at lettuce nudibranch, definitely need some crabs and snails.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I'm thinking of ordering early next week for maybe a Tuesday delivery. That way it gives people a few days to figure out what they want. Otherwise we would have to rush to get the order complete by Thursday morning for a Friday delivery. I'm flexible on the day.

6. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    That gives me a couple days to think about it plus it looks like it won't be so hot next week which I think would make for less critter stress during shipping.

7. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    That gives me a couple days to think about it plus it looks like it won't be so hot next week which I think would make for less critter stress during shipping.

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    The plan is to place the order on Monday - for Tuesday delivery. That might be changed to a Wednesday delivery. They are currently almost out of the peppermint shrimp - only a handful left. I talked to them today and they thought they might have some next week on Monday or Tuesday. Since several want peppermint shrimp - I wait to find out on Monday before ordering.

If anyone is interested in participating in this order, please let me know what you want by Saturday night - so I can get the order put together on Sunday.

Right now it looks like we will hit the 24 lot price on emerald crabs, 100 lot price on Golden astrea snails and 100 lot price on the small blue hermit crabs. So if you are interested in any of those items, you can likely be included in the lot price. What a deal!

9. CyFan CyFan

Cambridge
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm in. Texted you my order.

10. EPH

EPH

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am also in, will PM the order. Thanks for coordinating.

11. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I got my order in!
    Thank you Jeanette!

12. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Please have your order to me by end of day if you are interested in participating. So far I have orders from Loren, Joe, John, Bruce, and Eric. Tomorrow I will post the totals to confirm I have everything correct.

@GIRS Member

13. CyFan CyFan

Cambridge
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Jeanedtte, please get me: Nassarius snails, $10 for 12 snails and green fringed starter colony of zooanthids for $18. Thanks CyFan

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    @CyFan@CyFan - I have you on the list. Sorry, I inadvertantly left your name off the above list.

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Here is what I have currently for the order. Several items to note:

1) Peppermint shrimp are in question. Currently they are sold out. I will check with them on Monday morning to see if they got them in from diving over the weekend. This will determine if the order is shipped on Monday or Tuesday.

2) Our total qualifies for a 15% discount, even if the peppermint shrimp are not available.

3) Check that I have your items listed correctly. I have also made an estimate of total cost. See bottom of spreadsheet. 1st line is total product cost. 2nd line is minus 15% discount. 3rd line is minus discount + tax.

4) We need a few more of two items for the desired lot prices. 2 more emerald crabs will get us to 24 at which time lot price is $2.50 instead of $3.00 price. Who wants them?

5) We need orders for 20 more astrea to get to the 100 qty level. At that level they are $.32 per snail. Anyone want a few more?

If you have difficulty viewing the pdf, let me know.

@GIRS Member

Attached Files:

16. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You can add the the extra emerald crabs and astrea snails to my order.

17. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    OK

18. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Just got a response back from Reeftopia. Everything is in stock except for the peppermint shrimp. But they will be back in stock on Wednesday. So they can ship on Wednesday for Thursday delivery. Is that good for everyone????

Also 2 corrections to the order. 1) the blue leg crabs are $32/100 lot, not $22 (mis-type in my spreadsheet) and 2) NO sales tax

@JohnL@JohnL @Waterrat41@Waterrat41 @CyFan@CyFan @EPH@EPH @Loren Nicholls@Loren Nicholls

19. Loren Nicholls Learning slowly over the years GIRS Member

Ames
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    So I need a
    -lot of 100 blue leg hermit crabs
    -6 Emerald a couple more of needed to make a lot
    -Pygmy Angel fish
    - would take some golden astrea snails if needed to round up to a lot

20. EPH

EPH

Ratings: