1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Group Buy, Aug 17th Meeting

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Aug 13, 2010.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    We are suppose to have a meeting down at Parlor city on Aug. 17th to do a group buy and socialize.  I don't know where we want to do this from or if we even want to do one.  I am going to put up a poll to get the ball rolling on this and see if there is any interest.  I am willing to put the order in and have items delivered to my house if there is enough club interest.
    Please select where you would like to do a group by from in the poll or if you are not interested in doing one please select NOT INTEREST IN A GROUP BUY AT THIS TIME!.
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A GROUP BUY BUT YOUR MERCHANT OF INTEREREST IS NOT ON THE LIST.  PLEASE POST IT IN A REPLAY AND DO NOT VOTE.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I could use a Tahitian Butterfly for my tank.

3. fmsill Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Where is Parlor city?

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's south of downtown Cedar Rapids on 3rd Street. Across from the Chrome Horse if you know where that is.

5. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    OK are you sure this is a meeting or a SURPRISE birthday party for me?????[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha nice Fishyness. How about we throw her a bday party and me a half bday party! haha jk

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a week early for my birthday...sounds like there's lots of August birthdays in the club!

--AJ

8. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sadly I cannot make the meeting, I have kids Tuesday nights. I would have told you that at work, but someone had to go and move to another building, snob /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/tongue.gif

9. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to get a green mandarin if we order.

I will not be able to make the meeting since I will be out of town.

-Justin

10. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have to work till 9pm now so I won't be able to make it to the meeting either. I really need to get to one of these though! Gotta get to know ma fish peeps! haha

11. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanting to get a head count of who is going coming down to Parlor City tonight for the group buy and social.  Please sound off if you are coming.
    It looks like the group buy is going to be Live Aquaria.

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there...heading there now.

--AJ

13. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok,
    So we did not have the type of turn out that I expected for the social/group buy.
    Since quite a few did seem to have interest in participating in a group buy to Live Aquaria.
    I think we will try to do this over this forum.
    So with that said, I we will be doing a group buy for pickup at my home on Friday September 10th, 2010. 
    All orders and Money must be to me by Wed September 8th, 2010.  You can either arrange to mail it to me, meet me, or paypal it to me.
    I checked LiveAquaria.com's shipping policy and next day air is free for orders over $225, so shipping should be a freebee.
    I will post more information as we progress, you should start looking in your tank and figuring out what you can make room for and wish to place in it.

14. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't make the meeting but I'd like to do the group buy:)

I would like a Pink Dwarf Feather Duster and a Yellow Watchman Goby. I do have a Paypal account so I can use that option. Will you just be getting info out to us about how much we owe then later??

Thanks!!

15. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to add 1 pistol shrimp to my order please:) Hear they go well with Yellow Watchmans. I didn't think they had them at Live Aquaria, then realized the snapping shrimp is aka pistol shrimp right?

Thanks!

16. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the group buy still a go or was there not enough interest?????

17. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By smw0522 on 09/08/2010 07:28 AM
    Is the group buy still a go or was there not enough interest????? There is always enough interest to do one like this, basically all we are doing is trying to get enough people together to get the free shipping and if not, we are reducing the shipping charge by splitting it up among all more then one person.
    I have 3 of us who are going to order
    and 2 that I am waiting on for an answer.
    If you are still interested.  Calculate the total amount of your order and paypal to me at CyberJester@mchsi.com

18. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, thanks:) I just sent you my order/payment via paypal. What's that they say 3rd times a charm??? It took me 3 tries to get it figured out, but I was so excited when it said payment went through so everything should be ok:) Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for organizing this!!!!

Stacy

19. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hay all,
    Bet you were wondering if I had taken your money and fled the Country.  While this was evaluated, it is not the case.  I was waiting for confirmation of shipping before posting, because with LiveAquaria if you order from anything other then Divers Den you can get your order bumped.
    Anyway I am happy to announce that it looks like everything shipped.  I will be home from work tomorrow by about 4:30PM.  Don't worry, my wife will be home so they will not sit outside on the front doorstep.
    Please check your PM box, I will send you my address and any moneys owed that needs to be brought when you pick up your fish.
    Thank You,
    Jeremy Orchuk
    GIRS CR/IC Trustee

20. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking care of this Jeremy!! See you tomorrow!

--AJ