1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Great time at Spring Fest

Discussion in '2012' started by Kpotter2, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I must say I had great time at Spring Fest. I was first to be inline and got a great gift bag.  Got some frags I never thought i would see and they are looking great in my tank..
    Rainbow Monti cap
    [​IMG]
    pagoda cups
    [​IMG]
    Torch Coral
    [​IMG]
    The only thing I would change is not to even bother with the Raffle. I put in a ton of raffle tickets in two different items I really could have used and didn't even come close. Many of the venders won and didn't even need the stuff so they said. Then why put your ticken in them.   Raffle was to start at 4, but it was let go tell 4:15 and think my numbers were at bottom of container. Even now the containers got shaken up there was not care take on some of them that they got good and mixed up. Oh well life go's on and still had a great time just a little disappointed as i am sure others are that didn't win../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    Hope everyone got what they wanted and then some. Thanks to everyone for what you did today for the fest and to the venders for coming and selling some great coral and stuff. I can't wait to go to the next Fest in Fall.

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Hats off to the BOD and all the volunteers for making this SF one of the best! Your time and effort that each one of you put in should be recognized...Mike, Nik, Matt, Jeanette, Joe, Tim, and all the others whom I'm forgetting at this early hour...Great Job Everyone!! The special touches like name tags and the notice for FallFest were awesome. Chatting with members whom I can now put a face to was just one of several highlights I took away frim this Fest! lastly, it was great to have returning vendors such as Eye Candy Corals, Gonzo's, Dirks,Reef Koi, AC&C as well as new vendors such as KickAzz Corals, Reef Deep, Showtime, Neb. Aqua and, fellow hobbyists' Andy & Elliot, Adam, Joe, Jeanette, Bud and the list goes on!

3. Charlie B GIRS Member

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a fantastic time at Spring Fest. It was awesome being able to bring my 4 year old and have vendors not only talk to him, but show him different coral that he hadn't seen before. There is noting like inspiring a kid by taking the time to share a hobby!

4. rgreene

rgreene

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i cant believe i won the ai light cant wait tog get it

5. rgreene

rgreene

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i also got a few acans too

6. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vendors won raffles?

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah reefkoi scored pretty good.

8. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kpotter. I feel your pain. I cant even begin to figure up how much I have spent on raffle tickets over the years and have yet to win something.

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks,
    Yeah I am sure many people have in past fest. I for one have put a lot in Freshwater club raffles in years past. It is what it is, but thought the raffle was to be called at 4:00pm .  Not sure why it got under my skin so much that they extended it for another 10 or 15 minutes, but to be very frank it did. Maybe it was I got up so early and just didn't get much sleep. lol Its all about raising money for the club and I understand that. Thanks to the club I got to put some free ones in there.
    Kyle

10. Zoafreak

Zoafreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow that was a great show this year! I picked up a few acans and some zoa's of course. I would post some pics of if someone could explain how to post a full size pic like kpotter2 did in this thread. By the way the rainbow monti that Kyle picked up from me looks great in your tank bro![​IMG]I would like to post some picks of the utter chaos, captain america, clementines, blue macaws, crazy lady, and jumping jonnys. I Kyle or someone can let me know how. I'm kinda new on this site so haven't figured it all out yet...

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's great glad you got something you really wanted. Nice score!

12. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.o...fault.aspx

This is stickeyed to the top of the photo section.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Posted By Zoafreak on 03/25/2012 10:50 PM
    Wow that was a great show this year! I picked up a few acans and some zoa's of course. I would post some pics of if someone could explain how to post a full size pic like kpotter2 did in this thread. By the way the rainbow monti that Kyle picked up from me looks great in your tank bro![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Anthony for the great frag. I wish now I would have gotten the bigger piece, but this one rocks too.

14. Zoafreak

Zoafreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i tryed...

15. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    lol like I said copy and paste the HTML code. Its so much faster. The help link helps you get an account well, but using the other picture post then is confusing.
    Kyle

16. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Here you go Buddy! Hope I got the names matched back up right. I just downloaded your linked photos then uploaded them to my Photobucket and then copy and pasted the HTML code. The one just below the one your copied and posted. You can edit your post and place the HTML code copied in place of the direct link. Make sure you delete the Direct links. Cool
    Look great by the way.. MH or LED?
    Utter chaos zoa
    [​IMG]
    Captain america
    [​IMG]
    Rasta zoa
    [​IMG]
    Blue macaw zoa
    [​IMG]

17. Zoafreak

Zoafreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  18. Zoafreak

Zoafreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh didn't see you already post. lol
    The pictures are taken under 216w actinic T5 with 500w 14K mh.

19. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The raffle started a little late because ret Talbot was still talking and to give the people who were listing to him a final chance to enter the raffle