1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? ghost overflow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jen/Reefin, May 1, 2016.

1. Jen/Reefin Experienced Reef Keeper

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    Looking at a company called custom aquariums.com . It would be just the tank.
    Thinking of doing a ghost overflow . Was wanting to know what people think about that kinda overflow . I know BRS sells them .
    @Ray/Jen_Reefin@Ray/Jen_Reefin

2. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Let me look but there are a couple companies that make that style overflow. Synergy Reef systems being the most expensive.
    I will look around and send some links.
    Aquatic environment had one the other day. But it was small version.

3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
  4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Check out exotic marine. @gburkart@gburkart got one of their overflows for his build and it looks like a very high quality piece. Even comes with wrenches, and spacers to put the external overflow higher than the trim. One more failsafe in the design.

Tank Build! - my 210

5. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    yeah very nice quality.if i ever get going on my build,it'd be nice to see everything done.but got caught up in my 3d printer build lol

6. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +396 / 6 / -0
    Putting together a 90 cube soon and I'm thinking about using one of these. The only thing that worries me is drilling the whole perfectly.

• Noteworthy! Noteworthy! x 1
    • List
  7. MadCityReefer

Madison
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Drilled my 36" long 58gal Oceanic tank added the Synergy Ghost Overflow. I was worried about the difficulty of drilling 4 holes "2 intakes and 2 returns" but I got some help from a buddy and it was a breeze, just make sure to keep the hole your drilling wet. Synergy Ghost overflow was pretty expensive compared to others but it's well built, and nice to look at. Keep in mind you will have to pay a little extra for plumbing parts if you plan on doing a bean animal style overflow, which I highly recommend. I'm very satisfied with the Synergy Ghost Overflow and would recommend it. Just remember to drill a hole in one of the stand pipes to add a airline tubing to make the bean animal work properly.

Attached Files:

8. jayt Well-Known ReefKeeper

Harpers Ferry, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have their h20 overflows