1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Fuge Lighting Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StormyMoe, May 20, 2017.

1. StormyMoe

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    What's everyone lighting their refugiums with? My 90g has been setup for a couple of months now and my sump as a fuge but it currently only has some live rock that's in the dark. I've been looking at the Kessil H80 Tuna to try and grow a ball of chaeto. Any recommendations on lighting, or refugiums in general (this is my first one) would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I am using an elive led in mine. This fixture has led modules that can be removed/moved around. I only have 7 in it totaling 7 watts because that covers my fuge area and I didn't want to light the skimmer section too. It is working great the cheato needs thinned out once a month. Also keeping pulsing xenia in there as well. I think petsmart also sells these under the National Geographic label. I tried different colors but ended up putting white and blue with one red back in it.

3. StormyMoe

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'll look into those as well!

4. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
  5. StormyMoe

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    How big of fuge did you run? @sjones@sjones wondering about your too. I'm curious if there is a recommended watt/gal calculation? My fuge is 11" deep with some rock so I don't think I would need much but could be wrong.

6. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    About 15 gallons. Small section of a 40b

7. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I have an eschoppes r100 the fuge part is 7x10x14 deep. I had that light leftover from my 27 they said it would grow coral, they lied. It does grow cheato and so far the xenia is ok but I put a shelf in for it about 4 inches below the light. I do turn the ball of cheato over every once in a while seems to like that. The whole sump only has 13 gallons where i am running the level. I made sure to leave room for the tank to drain when power goes out.

8. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0