1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Free Corals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Apr 15, 2016.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Not really but its a good catch to get people to read this.

I have a question id like everyones input on. I recently bought a coral from a well known vendor (ill keep names out if it). Along with several other corals i purchased i received a coral that didnt look familiar, after asking about this coral i was told the coral that i bought wasnt healing properly, mind you this coral is extremely rare and expensive, the coral shipped was a larger peice of the same coral purchased and was sent in place of the coral i actually bought. Now heres my issue, no mention of the change in peices was every brought to my attention before shipping, the peice i received looks nothing like the coral i purchased should look. I've contacted the vendor and discussed the issue, they said if im not happy i could ship it back and they would replace the peice with another. I guess my question to everyone is, how would you handle this situation. From my personal perspective, i bought a specific peice, if something happened i should have been notified, given the option for a new peice, and had a photo showing the coral i was to receive. I dont feel i should have to pay to box and ship a coral back to the vendor because they shipped a different piece without any notice about the change. What do you all think?

2. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Sounds like a bait and switch kinda like you did to us with the title of the thread......lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Well with all things aside this vendor is very well known and has a perfect track record for sales, im more mad i wasnt informed until i brought it up, and im really just not happy with the peice i recieved

4. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I don't blame you at all. You should have been notified in advance with a picture of the proposed replacement (I am assuming from your thread it was a WYSIWIG item). Additionally, reading between the lines, your larger concern seems to be you are not convinced you actually got the high $$ coral you purchased and that one of lesser value may have been substituted. If that is the case, I would have a hissy fit about it....

5. Whitey

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I think they should be covering all shipping charges. They're lucky that you haven't named them. I would be unlikely to do any business with a company that works like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I would be extremely pissed. I would also tell them they could come pickup the coral so you could shove it up their ***. There is no way they should even be in business if they are asking you to ship it back to them. Their screw up they can eat the cost. And they should refund the price back to for the coral you bought. And I would also tell them that it is in their best interest feedback wise for them to resolve this in a good and timely manner. Good luck. Hope they take care of it.

7. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Honestly if it's that much different they should just refund the cost of the coral to you.

Not meaning to argue the opposite side but some posts say "you will get a coral similar to this one as this is a stock photo". Not WYSIWYG but can happen.

8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I think they should have at mentioned it before shipment. Tell you that the WYSIWYG coral was not healing properly and they did not feel right sending it. And they would sub a larger piece off the same colony. Or they just screwed up packing frags and yours wasn't there when they went to ship it so they through in one a little bigger hoping you wouldn't complain.

If you aren't happy with the piece they subbed, and it is very expensive, they should work with you to exchange it for another WYSIWYG piece and cover shipping for both ways, or throw in some extras with your next shipment to make up for your return shipping costs.