1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Frags 4 Sale in Iowa City

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by erayk1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Hello Reefers!

So here goes my first large batch of frags and mini colonies that I have ready for sale.  I just took these with my camera phone so the colors aren't all as good looking as they are in person.  Everything is healthy and showing growth!  If you would like a picture of the mother colony or anything else just let me know, the colors are better represented there.  In my display they are sitting under LED's at all depths and in the frag tank they are under 4 T5's.  If you get multiple pieces, I am more opt to give better deals!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

If requesting additional pictures, include which corals by number and an email address to send them too.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

#1 Frogspawn: 2 heads left at $10 ea
    #2 Spongode: $30
    #3 Spongode: $10
    #4 Anthelia: $10  

2. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Mother Colonies in my 220 Reef with lighting at about the 14K look.

Frogspawn #1
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.giforites

[​IMG]

Tri Color

[​IMG]

Spongodes

[​IMG]

Green Cap, has kind of a purple rim in my display tank.

[​IMG]

Red Cap

[​IMG]

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What would you say the color is on #12? Is that the mother colony or an example of a frag? How much would a 2-3" frag be? Thanks /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

4. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Crazee: That is the only piece I have and it is in my frag tank. I'd do a nice 2in piece for $30.

5. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Crazee: That is the only piece I have and it is in my frag tank. I'd do a nice 2in piece for $30.

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    'k, is the color a blue base with brown polyps?  Hard to tell from the picture.......

7. Travis G

Travis G Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What kind of lighting does frogspawn need?

8. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Travis: to be honest, I have mine in low light conditions. I also have mine and high lights areas so either works. What kind of lighting do you have?

9. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Live aquaria says they need moderate to high light. Mine are at the bottom of my 220 and as happy as can be!

10. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    #1 Frogspawn: 2 heads left at $10 ea
    #2 Spongode: $30
    #3 Spongode: $10
    #4 Anthelia: $10  

11. Travis G

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My nano has 2a 10 watt 50/50 bulbs that equal 50 watts of liggt each. Im going to either att leds or a pair of 36them watt pcs. But for now just the screw in 50/50

12. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Well in trying to decipher than message, I'm not thinking your going to be having enough light... (screw in compact fluorescent bulbs?) The math isn't really adding up if you have two 10W bulbs, that's only 20W of light, not the 50W you were saying. If I'm reading your post wrong I'm sorry. Just want to make sure you have what these corals need before selling them to ya! :)

13. Travis G

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Drs foster and smiths website said the 10 watt 50/50 creates the same amount of light as a 50 watt bulb. My buddy that has a lfs said i can grow softies and lps with them.

14. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    That's cool, I just wanted to make sure. I've got two heads left if you want them. I would keep them closer to the top if at all possible.

15. Travis G

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sorry to keep commenting but, how big are the frags and how fast/big do they get? Thanks!

16. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Right now I would guestimate the heads (when polyps are extended) are a quarter to a little smaller than half-dollar sized. I have seen some heads that have polyps out that size of baseballs so it all depends on your tank conditions. They grow moderately fast in my opinion but every tank is different. I'll try to post pics of the heads I have left or you can just come check them out in person.

17. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WHAT IS THE COLOR?   I see part of it is already sold, do you have enough left for a 2" piece?  Willing to trade for anything?

18. PatrickWest

PatrickWest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know when you frag your torch. I'm in love with that thing lol

19. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Crazee: my best description of the color is blue with a tan undertone. I do still have enough for a 2in piece if you'd like.
    Patrick: thanks, you and everyone else wants a piece. I think it will be a while yet. Lol

20. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks, think I will pass for now, maybe wait until you have some bigger pieces.