1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Frag Rack System Special

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Turbo's Aquatics, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If anyone was at Fall Fest and saw Jim Brau's setup (potroast) or Matt Nelsen's (ninjazx777), those were the my freag rack systems. They look lke this:

[​IMG]

Each set consists of one base and 3 racks, 1", 2" and 3" height, measured from bottom of leg to top of rack. They fit perfectly into a 5 gallon bucket.

I had a whole sheet of these cut on a CNC machine, but the acrylic was plastic masked instead of paper, and they had to tear the top mask off or else it would have wrapped around the cutting bit, which as you can imagine, would not have been good. The result is that I was left with an entire batch of frag racks that have little scratches on them. Most are prety minor, and are only noticable when you look at them just right when they are out of the water. Underwater - you can't tell.

So I normally sell these for $35 per set, or $150 for a set of 5.

Due to the non-pristine condition of my current set of parts, I am going to be selling these at a discount:

$20 per set, or $80 for a set of 5.

I have enough parts for about 30 sets. And yes Matt I will be refunding you part of what you paid me for yours.../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif

I can also ship these, but they are a PITA to package up so it is preferred for you to arrange pickup.

Contact me via PM or post on this thread if you want one! First come, first served.

2. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I love mine makes large numbers of corals easy to transport and display. also works great at holding frag plugs while fragging a lot of corals at once

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    How many frags does it sheet/tier hold?

4. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Each rack has 34 holes, they are all on 1" centers. Rack is made with holes sized to use any frag plugs, Matt N specifically wanted them a certain diameter so they would work better with the Ocean's Wonders plugs if I recall correctly

5. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bud - I'd like a set but will most likely need it shipped. Let me know. Thanks!

6. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bud, I have another reefer in my area that wants one. Please let us know if can reserve 2 racks and what shipping would run to Waterloo - 50701. Thanks!

7. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a bump on this. I haven't had time to assemble any of these, I have had a few takers and I really need to get those done, planning to spend a little time this weekend on that, and will get a few extras done as well. I'll post a few pics after that.

8. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I'll make an order for 3 sets if they do work with the ocean wonders plugs. Would these be ready before spring fest?

9. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    If I get them Bud, I will do 'at least 5' for the tank :0)

10. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are made to take the Oceans Wonders frag plugs specifically, because Matt said the other racks he had didn't hold those quite right. I can't remember if O.W. changed their plugs since then, but I don't think they have, and if they did, they still work on the racks.

11. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes the OW plugs that are loose and crumbly don't fit right because the base of the plug is too big. Most of the time the plugs fit though.

I think the OW ceramic ones fit perfectly.

12. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Jim (for all reading - he has a bunch of these racks)

13. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    So a projected pickup/shipping date?

14. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a very bad habit of missing deadlines. I'm going to try to get a bunch done this weekend and ship out next week.

15. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Is each rack 6" x 6" Bud? I'm definitely leaning toward getting 5 sets . So with the tank, would there be three rows of 5 or 5 rows of three or does it not work out that way with them in the tank?

1" 1" 1" 1" 1" 1" 2" 3"
    2" 2" 2" 2" 2" 1" 2" 3"
    3" 3" 3" 3" 3" 1" 2" 3"
    1" 2" 3"
    1" 2" 3"

16. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have to measure but they fit in the frag sale tank I make 5 wide 3 deep and however you want to arrange them

17. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Well it sure didn't post like I had it typed out /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif Sorry about that Bud! Ok, I follow the 5 wide and 3 deep /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif Thanks Bud!!!

18. Turbo's Aquatics Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

West Des Moines, IA, USA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here are some pics I took of the rack set that Elliott got. I still have enough parts for several of these.

This is 6 sets, showing each different configuration of stacking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each rack system has a 1", 2" and 3" rack, and a 12" holder. The racks are 6.5" x 6" with 34 holes on 1" centers, each hole is 7/16" in diameter, so they work with almost every frag plug out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A set of 5 of these fits into the 30g Rimless Frag Display/Sale tank that I also have made several of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each rack system is made to fit inside a 5 gallon bucket. This means you can load up your racks in the tank with all your corals, then stack up the racks, put the racks in buckets, drain the tank water into the buckets and off you go. 6 or 7 buckets for corals and water transports all the contents of your setup.

19. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I loved the setup. The racks made transport VERY easy. Thanks Bud!

20. Do you have a set still available?