1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Flow for 6 foot tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nlandgraf, Jul 12, 2019.

1. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have a 6 foot, 150 gallon tank and looking for recommendations to replace some power heads. I have an MP40 on each end of the tank and I had also been using 2 Hydor SmartWave controllers that each control 2 Koralia powerheads. This seemed to work quite well early on, but since the move and setting my tank back up the Hydor does not seem reliable. There are times when it switches from one pump to the other that the powerhead is running in reverse and sucking water instead. I have done some reading and this seems like a common problem.

I am looking for something economical to supplement with the MP40s, and my corner return from my sump. What are recommendations?

2. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    economical choice would be a jebao wp40 or wp60 if high flow needed or a couple smaller jebaos for dead spot fill

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I run 6 mp40s in a 180. But you could try a couple jeboa or put a gyre 3k on the back wall

4. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What is your placement, 4 on the back glass?

5. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    2 on back. 2 on each side 2 blowing front of rock. 2 blowing behind. There is 1 on left side that is low and closer to sand.

15629807514031069226960522846462.jpg