1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

[Feb 27, 2016] February Iowa City/NL/Coralville Area Tank Tour (Iowa City/NL/Coralville)

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by LiLNicky, Feb 6, 2016.

February Iowa City/NL/Coralville Area Tank Tour
Posted By LiLNicky

Iowa City/NL/Coralville
Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 02:00 PM
(ends Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 08:00 PM)
Timezone: America/Chicago

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    February Tank Tour Schedule
    February 27th starting at 2pm and ending at Bronson's in Iowa City

2:00-3:00--- johnk183---- 800 Forest Edge Drive Coralville IA (North Coralville)
    3:00-4:00----gburkt--------80 Holidy Lodge Road North Liberty IA (Holiday Mobile Home Park)
    4:00-5:00----LiLNicky------2405 Friendship St. Iowa City IA (off of 1st ave)
    5:00-6:00----dfishbau------1536 Hemingway Lane Iowa City IA (south side)
    6:00-whenever--- Bronsons Fish Coral and Supplies----140 Stevens Drive (south side)

Times are not totally set in stone but we will try to stick to them the best we can. Everyone is welcome and lets have some fun, see some tanks and make some new friends!!!!

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
  3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    @Region: Cedar Rapids & Iowa City
    All are welcome to attend this event and check out tanks, you don't need to show your tank to join in on the tour. This is a great event to get ideas on setting up different types of systems and meet some locals.

Please RSVP (the drop down under the event info) if you plan on attending

4. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I'm in. Looking forward to it.

5. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    @Region: Cedar Rapids & Iowa City
    I wanted to give the heads up since I didn't post it and to not cause any confusion. We will all meet at the first stop Johnk183 at the time listed above and move on from there. Also again please rsvp if you can make it. Hope to see some new faces

6. Floppy

Walford
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Since this would be my fist tank tour, I need to ask a simple question. Is this kid friendly? :)

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    @Floppy@Floppy as long as everyone that is showing their tanks is fine with kids. We've had people bring kids before with no problems.

8. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    As long as your kids don't mind skulls and demonic stuff setting around,they are welcome at my place.we like our grand kids lol

9. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    kinda scary thinking about a bunch of people in my house saturday lol

10. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    We are scared to be in your house @gburkart@gburkart too hahaha im kidding

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    i am a little discouraged that only 4 people in the area opened up there homes for this.hell,i'm trailer trash and i dont mind if people come look at my tank and i am not even a people person lol

12. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    actually 5 or so is what we try and do for these. We have a tendency to spend more time than planned at each stop. Between stops and driving it turns into too long of an event if you do much more than that.
    Once we got that number we really stopped actively seeking volunteers. If we had continued to push for volunteers I'm sure we could have found some. It's also easier to find volunteers when their is a bigger active group that attends events regularly. Hopefully we are headed that way again. I think we're off to a good start with activity this year.

13. dfishbau

dfishbau New User

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll be hosting at 5, unfortunately I work until 2 so can't make the first stop on the tour but will try for the second! Looking forward to meeting people!

14. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    ok,i feel necessary to tell you all what to expect when you get to my home.we have pets:a very slobbery,extremely happy to see anyone boxer named sadies,a chihuahua named nina that will not be happy to see you and lots of cats in various mental states,two rats.there will be pet hair on things but i can assure you that our house does NOT smell like we have pets.i just wanted to let you know.thanks

15. dfishbau

dfishbau New User

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think about our other pets, we have two dogs as well, so if anyone has bad allergies they may want to skip my stop. They are very friendly though!

16. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    thanks for letting me check out your tanks today everybody.

17. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    I just wanted to thank everyone who opened up their homes for the club to show their tanks and tanks in progress zone. It was also awesome to meet new people in the area that shares this hobby. Hope to meet more people at the next meeting!

18. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I echo the above sentiments. Thank you! And I look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

19. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Sorry, we missed the meeting Guys and the tour. Been crazy busy! At least you had a great day to tour, and not track in mud, or dig threw snow! @Region: Quad Cities is having their meeting tomarrow on par readings @Coral Haven@Coral Haven at 3pm. All invited!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  20. dfishbau

dfishbau New User

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had a great time! It was good to finally meet the local reef community and learn a few things. Look forward to more!