1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Event Calendar

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by blackx-runner, Jan 1, 2013.

1. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Hey JB how can we add things to the event calendar? Is that something only an admin or mod can do? Just looking at the regional events coming up and none of them are on the calendar.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's something the officers/trustees have to do. I've asked that they do it already but I'm not getting much traction.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Slackers LOL.

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have nothing to add yet!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif I will add the Jan 13 meeting tomorrow, but I did post about it before update also!

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it sucks to put in all of the work on this stuff and then not have it get used by the majority of the officers. It's pretty de-motivational really. For now I've stopped doing additional work on the site and have moved on to other personal interests/activities. I might pick it up again later. Time will tell.

They have all the tools they need to get event information to club/group members. It's their choice to use them or not.

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok I give how do I use it. There is so much info and it don't really show you how it lays out. Can you help me out a little JB?

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have spent like 2 hours trying to figure the events thing out. I just don't get it. I create an even and I can find it. I also can't change the category to something that fits the post. It only gives me like DIY,Fish,equipment and so on.

Yuck sorry I am just frustrated.

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    OK after 4 hours of clicking and posting I think I may have it.

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You're making it harder than it is. See my post in the officer forum.

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    See was not making it harder then it is. I was hung up on the Category thing and that's what was hanging me up. Its ok I will check out the officers forum that you talk about.

Thanks