1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

dragonsoul favia

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by mthomp, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well how they all looking? Mine are doing really good, starting to heal nice and seeing some growth ring form.

2. e lowther

e lowther Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently pick up a single polyp of the dragonsoul favia frag and was wondering how long does it take for them to start growing new heads. I know feeding them helps them to grow faster but how many times should I feed it a week? Thanks

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine have not started growing any new heads as of yet, but they are puffy and have growth ring all around now. I am going to start feeding spectrum pellets 3 times a week to them and see what results I get from that.

4. e lowther

e lowther Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats what I have been feeding my favia. Also do you have your favia on a plug on a rock or is it alright to have the frag plug in the sand or do I need it on a small piece of rock for it to spread on?

5. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it on a plug stuck in the sand

6. e lowther

e lowther Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it growing for you there?

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it is growing but no new heads yet. I only recently started feeding it though. I usually just broadcast feed my tank and done.

8. e lowther

e lowther Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What do you use to "broadcast feed" your tank? Because, I feed mine spectrum pellets and it seems to like them. Its getting bigger but no new heads as well for me either.

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rods food, feed my entire tank with it till recently, I also use cyclopsese twice a week will all pumps off. I have a lot of sps so cyclopsese helps with that

10. e lowther

e lowther Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mix some of the Rods coral food with the regular fish food, but I am not sure if it is better for me to just feed the Rods coral food at night when my SPS have better polyp extension.