1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM Midwest Frags Group buy postponed

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we are postponing a week for the group buy.  incase you haven't read on the orginal post.  I am also opening this up for more order as well.  The cut off time will be Sunday the 14th.  Sorry for any inconveniences.
    As for now we are looking at Delievery being the 18th but this is Iowa so we could have Tsunami between now and then

2. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good call. Stinks to wait, but smart to wait.

3. mnvikes

mnvikes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im interested. are we supposed to order with you or straight through them. also, how is payment handled do we pay mwf via paypal up front or pay you on pickup

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you order through them, just tell them you want to be in the DM group buy, and you pay them as well.

5. pwfish

pwfish Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Where would we pick up our orders on the 18th if we order?

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will bring them to DM. Not for certain on meeting place yet, thinking about Iowa Petfoods. I need to get some stuff from there. but not sure if they would get mad or not..

7. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Iowa Pet Foods sounds good. Nice to see my bday present of coral to myself will be here on my bday.

8. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice if maybe someone who was in the buy from Des Moines could allow us to gather at their place for pickup...maybe?? I don't really want to step on any toes at IA Seascapes.

9. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Or meet at another location right off the interstate. Maybe the Quicktrip on 14th? or something like that. Have any ideas what time we will meet?

10. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i know i dont want to step on any toes either...and with the quicktrip thing...i could see the cops getting called with as many people we are going to be dealing with haha.......anyone got any problems with Big Earls??? its off 80 haha j/k how bout we do this, Menards on Hickman at 6. if you can't make it at that time let me know i will be in town for a bit prolly and can kill time doing other things but i think the menards will be the best place....big parking lot easy to find.

So Thursday, Feb. 18th 6pm at Menards on Hickman.

11. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh and Matt....dont be expecting anything special either just cause its your bday /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

12. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You guys are welcome to meet at my office at that time. Would a lot easier than trying to do things in a parking lot.

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i had thought about that as well. either way works for me. just no personal deliveries /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

14. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think Joel is just trying to score some free coral /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

15. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh, did I forget to mention my fee?? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif If you are going to come to my place I had maybe look at their site again to see what is left over.

16. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think i'll stick with the menards. its easy and open, and i dont want to change it again and i have to go there anyways.

17. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Menards it is. So, what shady group am I looking for for the "deal" to go down? A certain corner of the parking lot? Man, it always feels like a drug deal going down. Would be a little funny to have the cops come blazing in only to find some bags of zoanthids and "shrooms" in my possession.

18. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha I will be driving a White GMC Envoy parked in the back part of the parking lot right out in the open....i've done many of these deals in parking lots /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

19. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you have. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

See you tomorrow.

Jason

20. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These things always look like drug deals, people with coolers and baggies! 6pm at menards on Hickman it is.