1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Des Moines Phytoplankton Group Buy

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Rustin, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lets support our new sponsor jjtruemper!  He is offering us a sweet deal.
    Phytoplankton is the primary food source for all aquatic environments! High quality High cell count! Phytoplankton is a great tank feed not only for corals but also for biological life. Phytoplankton feeds zooplankton, corals, sponge, clams, oysters and much more. Perfect for feeding tank feeding or cultures!
    Phytoplankton is best used in tank by.
    1. Turning off all pumps.
    2. Adding phytoplankton till water is light green color.
    3. letting coral and biological life feed for an hour or two.
    4. Turning back on pumps.
    Phytoplankton is the nature fare for many aquatic life forms, why not feed them there nature fare after all we took them from there homes and stuck them in little glass boxes the least we can do is feed them there natural fare!
    Through the end off March I am offering 5$ 1 Gal high quality high potency Phytoplankton (while supplies last) so everyone can afford to see the affects of Phytoplankton...which you will on the very first time...the first time i feed a large amount and saw my sponge life go from bright white to florescent green i knew i had to find a way to feed my tank this stuff everyday and now i give you an inexpensive way to feed your tank right and see what results a healthy biological system can do for your tank!
    We also offer grown out Brine Shrimp and Rotifers perfect feed for fish, hard corals and larva @ $3.00 a bag (thousands) through the end of March. Call 319-981-4666 Jeremy For larger orders and group buys i will deliver!
    Call 319-981-4666
    Jeremy 
    For larger orders and group buys i will deliver!

2. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im in for some green water and rotifers

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm in for green water i'd take 2 gallons

4. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I might be in for this. Green water and rotifers.

5. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im game for some green water

6. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill take 1 of each Green water and rotifers

7. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take a green water. How long will it stay in the fridge?

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since when are you selling this stuff Austin?? I didn't see any prices on green water? How long will the rotifers keep without a rotifer culturing setup?

9. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its not me. Sorry I was in a hurry when I made the post I have edited it.

10. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I'm in for green water and rotifers - 1 each.

11. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take one of each, greenwater, brine shrimp, and rotifers.

12. jjtruemper

jjtruemper Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had customers keep Greenwater for a month or more in the fridge just shake daily. The rotifers will keep for a few days in fridge before they start to die. Just let me know how much greenwater, roti's and brine u want and if you want to send someone or have me deliver. I look forward to hearing from you all! This is the best price i have every seen actually take the price times 5 and it is still the best price i have ever seen anywhere online and a far better product. I have been culturing for a long time and have ordered lots of greenwater, roti's and brine online and let me tell you half the time my brine and roti's were DOA and the greenwater you could see your hand through and for $20 a half gal plus shipping and that was the cheepest i have found it! I would love to have you try my products for $5 1gal greenwater and $3 a bag of zooplankton and after this month it will only be $10 for 1 gal greenwater and $5 a bag of zooplankton...lots of these cultures cost $75 or more to start, my copod culture i just ordered cost me $75 and my amphipod culture cost me $75 and should be available in a few months for a far lesser price. I beleave in providing a cost effective way to naturally feed your tank without taking advantage of anyone or charging unheard of prices. I love culturing and if my wife puts up with it i plan to do it for a long time. Man i love this hobby but it is time consuming and costly so i thank you all for enabling me to do what i love! Never add culture water to tank always strain and rinse with tank water you are going to feed them to. All of my cultures are at high salinities to ensure longer life spans in your tank!
    Thank you
    Jeremy

13. jjtruemper

jjtruemper Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had customers keep Greenwater for a month or more in the fridge just shake daily. The rotifers will keep for a few days in fridge before they start to die. Just let me know how much greenwater, roti's and brine u want and if you want to send someone or have me deliver. I look forward to hearing from you all! This is the best price i have every seen actually take the price times 5 and it is still the best price i have ever seen anywhere online and a far better product. I have been culturing for a long time and have ordered lots of greenwater, roti's and brine online and let me tell you half the time my brine and roti's were DOA and the greenwater you could see your hand through and for $20 a half gal plus shipping and that was the cheepest i have found it! I would love to have you try my products for $5 1gal greenwater and $3 a bag of zooplankton and after this month it will only be $10 for 1 gal greenwater and $5 a bag of zooplankton...lots of these cultures cost $75 or more to start, my copod culture i just ordered cost me $75 and my amphipod culture cost me $75 and should be available in a few months for a far lesser price. I beleave in providing a cost effective way to naturally feed your tank without taking advantage of anyone or charging unheard of prices. I love culturing and if my wife puts up with it i plan to do it for a long time. Man i love this hobby but it is time consuming and costly so i thank you all for enabling me to do what i love! Never add culture water to tank always strain and rinse with tank water you are going to feed them to. All of my cultures are at high salinities to ensure longer life spans in your tank!
    Thank you
    Jeremy

14. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So any date to maybe when you can deliver or someone can get up there?

15. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This may be a stupid question but are the rotifers something that will continue to breed in my tank? I ask cause I thought there were different kinds of rotifers.

16. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So how is this group buy working? Is someone hosting?

17. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lets see what it takes for him to deliver and get some real numbers on what people want. So everyone interested post how many of each you would like and I will compile them to get a total.

18. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1 green water
    1 brine
    1 rotifer

19. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2 gallong green water