1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Des Moines monthly meetings

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Armydog, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Ok so are we going to have one???

Do i need to put something together and host it again?

Do we have trustees?

If they are not involved or if they dont want to do it anymore can we have new ones?

If they dont have time to be one i think the right thing to do for the area is they step down. Not trying to be a butthead but i think we need a change in our area.

Please let me and the rest of us in the Des Moines area region know what is going on thanks

2. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I agree.

3. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am about out of the DIY food...

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I have 6 or 7 bags

5. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Im not getting emails when people respond or post a thread. I clicked watching all forums

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
  7. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Well no response on my questions . So how can we go about voting for new trustees in our area?

I would really like us to all be involved with meetings ect... more unity in our area. I am more then happy to take charge and do it with no problems... i volunteered to do it and was gonna start the process with zoobie before someone else was appointed the position.......

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I don't have any problem with you taking the initiative to organize something for May, right now no one else is offering to do anything.

9. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Donny.. I'm open to working with you. I don't think we need to work separately. I was busy with college but I am done with that now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  10. leymas

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    Are there monthly meetings?

11. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yes there are mon they meetings. I'm not sure however if there will be one this month due to fall fest.

12. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Yes, we do try to hold a meeting every month. There are some exceptions (the Spring and Fall Fests) but I'm currently seeing if we can have a social get together sometime in between the holidays to just hang out and talk fish stuff.

Christmas Party will be scheduled for January as well. :)