1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Des Moines Area Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Rustin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please join us for the Des Moines Area Christmas Party. This will be a great opportunity to meet some new people and celebrate the holidays. Non members are invited to come see what you've been missing out on . We will be having a members only raffle with some great prizes. Every member will be given one ticket for free for a chance to win a great gift. If you have not payed you dues and signed up this would be a great time to do so. The prize you might win will more than offset the 20$ it cost to become a member. Over 200$ in prizes to be raffled off!! We will also be doing a secret santa frag swap that everyone even non-members can participate in. So frag your best coral and wrap it up. If you dont have a frag to offer no biggy just let us know and we will help you out. We will be providing some pizza and beverages. PLEASE RSVP HERE.

SAT JAN 9TH
    6:00pm
    Down Under Bar and Grill
    8350 Hickman Road
    Clive, IA 50325

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will be there! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    The date and location again.
    Saturday January 9th, 6PM
    Down Under Bar and grill
    Clive, Iowa

Please RSVP Here

3. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I will go ahead and say I'll be there. I do not want to miss this!

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm pretty sure i can handle a saturday :) I'll be there

5. John50

John50 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I, hopefully, will be able to make it.
    John

6. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nevermind, i take back my "ok to go" post. i forgot we have a wedding to go to that day...why does everyting have to happen on the same days as GIRS Events....grrrr

7. JoeVic

JoeVic Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    count me in for making it. What about the Raffle though?? Since I'm not a member yet can i still get in on that If I pay some dues?????

8. JoeVic

JoeVic Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BTW my entire tank is just frags at the moment since I just started, What should I do about the Secret Frag swap??

9. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry about it if you do not have anything to frag. Someone can probably bring a few extras. I will see how things are but I may have a few I could bring to cover some people.

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure, click the Join Girs link above and get signed up. All members are welcome to be part of the Drawing. I will defer to Austin on the Frag Swap rules.

11. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    i should be able 2 make it if i get off work in time I will bring some frags

12. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll RSVP and plan on paying the membership fee next week.  Might have to con gered into hooking me up with a frag, since I don't have any yet. 

13. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Posted By JoeVic on 12/17/2009 08:01 PM
    BTW my entire tank is just frags at the moment since I just started, What should I do about the Secret Frag swap??
    We can make it too...but we're in the same boat - nothing big enough to frag yet...but if someone has an extra frag to sell we can participate in the swap too...

14. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can provide a couple extra frags for those who dont have anything. Im sure others will be able to help out as well.

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Count me in!  Happy Holidays to everyone.

16. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

I'll plan to be there and pay my dues as well.  Don't have a frag but should have a 14" mangrove with 2 or 3 leaves and nice roots if that will do.

17. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Stew and welcome! Please pay with the "Join GIRS" link above with Payal if you could. It is much more difficult for us to take cash and get everything setup correctly. Using the link above everything is automated.

18. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Joel - that was slick.  See you on the 9th.

19. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    what kind of frags are people planing on bringing. just wondering cause i dont't want to bring a cheap frag if people are bringing expensive ones wouldn't be fare and on the other hand i don't want to bring an expensive frag and recieve a cheap frag maybe we should have two types a starter frag swap for people just starting out and a expensive swap for experinced reefers

20. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    or maybe just differnt catagories lps, softies, sps, and zoas