1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Coral Snow user-make your own

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ricowind67, Oct 22, 2016.

1. In the last year of reefing I have been trying to buy bulk supplies to make my own dosing additives, one of the additives I use with good results is coral snow (zeo) it makes the tank cloudy at first but after it clears you will see that it enhances the clarity.

Been reading that some Zeovit users are making there own by mixing CaC03 (calcium Carbonate) with ro/di water.

I purchased mine online, there are many places who sell it, I chose this brand because its 100% purity and pharm grade, there are brands that are cheaper yet

5 level Tablespoons to 230ml of ro/di water will make a batch of 250ml

250 ml of KZ Coral snow runs about 39.99 (.15 per ml)

I bought this container for 20.00 and it will make 1000 ml (.02 per ml)

IMG_1560.JPG

2. amcvay1979

Eastern IA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    not 100% sure, but when I was running Zeo, I read that the coral snow was a powdered type of clay that's naturally occurring in soil. It's obviously reconstituted with RO/DI, but you can tell it's a clay like mixture if you open a bottle that's been sitting awhile and it'll flake off around the cap. It's a grey, chalky powder.

3. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Lol @Buku@Buku and I were just talking about this yesterday. I also plan on doing the diy for now on also

4. Just Dosed for the first time, its not as "thick" as the ZT brand, but disburses the same in the water

5. Kennedpa New User

Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This sounds dangerous. IMHO

6. Buku Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +202 / 4 / -0