1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Considering possible upgrade for nano

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by einsteins, Jan 28, 2012.

1. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    As you might or might not know I have a 12gallon JBJ nano (7gallons actual water)
    I am thinking of replacing it with something different and slightly larger like 20 or 25 gallons.
    I dont like the curved glass....it sucks for photos and for cleaning, so any suggestion cant be a curved glass design.
    I also hate that I cant have a skimmer on my JBJ...so by going larger I want to be able to have a skimmer and decent filtration.
    As for lighting I have an AI nano and wont want a lid of any type
    Before I start researching I thought I might narrow my search by asking here for suggestions to look at.
    Another point....We have this in our living room so I will need a finished stand as my woodworking skills are 0 and I need a nice looking stand.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have
    Bill / einsteins

2. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like these alot and not to badly priced http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/index.html

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bill, I think AE has exactly what you are looking for. Last time I was there they had this nice rimless setup, I think it was a miracles or something along that line.

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You mentioned the curved glass sucks for cleaning. For that I recommend one of the TLF nano magnets. They are REALLY good; they bend right around the glass. And they are only about $10!

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The curved glass tanks do distort, but only in the front really.......things look normal from the side, at least in mine /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif  
    I really like this one  and this one if you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif  The Mr. Aqua tanks seem like a good value and are attractive and get good reviews too.