1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Community Tank/Table: Post here if you are bringing anything!!

Discussion in '2017' started by Bud, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    **NEW this Fest**
    FREE GIRS Member fish, frags & equipment "community" table!

This is something that has been discussed over the last few years - we're going to give this a go at Fall Fest and see how to goes over. If it goes well, this could become a regular thing!
    • GIRS will provide table space and a tank (size is TBD) for any GIRS Member to bring anything they want to sell free of charge (meaning, no charge or % take, etc); fish, frags, inverts, equipment, rock, etc. Basically, anything you would sell if you had your own table, except you don't have to man your own table.
    • We will have someone from the GIRS Fest Committee and/or a Member Volunteer manning this table and collecting & tracking payments
    • Everything that is placed on the table or in the tank must be tagged. Here is how this will work:
      • Tags will be provided
      • Each member will be assigned a prefix (your initials)
      • Each Tag you need will start with your prefix followed by the item number (numerical order)
      • The tag will also contain:
        • Item description
        • Item Price
      • We'll take down your name, phone number, email, & GIRS Username in case we can't find you and someone wants to ask you a question or negotiate a price
    • Regarding the tank:
      • The tank contain only a heater and freshwater - it's only there for temperature control.
      • Everything going into that tank must be bagged - nothing is to be placed directly into the tank water.
      • This tank is only for WYSIWYG fish, frags, and inverts.
      • The tank can also be used for pre-arranged sales/exchanges.
      • You must fill out a tag for each bag which will be placed next to the tank
      • All bags must be marked with black sharpie with the tag number (and price also if you want).
    • You must either pick it up all your items that don't sell before you have to leave, or designate someone to return it to you (and you must notify us of this before leaving)
    • We ask that you don't abandon items. None of us want to take random stuff home, and we aren't going to give anything away if you don't want it.
    • You can collect payments for items you sell, or you can let GIRS collect the payment and you can pick up your $$ when you are ready to leave (or designate someone to collect for you & notify us of that!)
    • You may bring items on behalf of someone else, but that's up to you to keep $$ separate - we'll attribute the tags and sales to only the person who physically brings the items. (essentially, you don't need to tell us whose stuff you are selling)
    I know that's a lot of information, but I am trying to get every base/situation covered.

Overall it is very simple - bring items, tag them, roam the fest, and pick up your $$ later.

Here's the #1 thing I want to get out of posting this thread:

Please tell us if you are bringing anything, and how many items! We have a lot of table space that we can use, but if it starts to look like we're going to fill these tables, then we might have to reconfigure the space a bit or even expand into one of the adjacent rooms (the venue has partitioned spaces, so we have extra room if we really need it)

for me personally, I'm bringing a bunch of stuff...to be listed later this week. It's purge time!

2. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I love this idea I have a few frags I am interested in selling. I will update this post later after I get things fragged out.

3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I won' be able to do a table because of an injury. But I can bring a few frags for the community tank to sell or trade.

I will make up a list tomorrow. I know I have some WWC Bounce Mushrooms ready to go if anyone is interested. And some other miscellaneous Lps and SPS frags too

4. Bill Liebbe

LeClaire
    Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    Have a Fluval dual bulb 48" low mileage and a Black Box LED with remote for sure and whatever else I can find that I'm not using.

If anyone is interested I culture Tisbe biminiensis pods in Nannochloropsis phyto and can bring some bottles chucked full of the little critters.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Tell me more about the Tisbes - bottle size, price, ....

6. Bill Liebbe

LeClaire
    Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    I culture them in the nano and feed them to my wife's seahorse and mandarin tank as well as my other tanks. Will try and do a population count per ml but I can assure you it will be way over anything your going to get at the LF or online. I was going to use 16 oz water bottles and was thinking $10 per bottle. My culture jug is 5 gallons so I was thinking of bringing at least 10 bottles. Can bring more if there is more interest

7. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Ok. I have 2 bounce mushrooms ready to go $200 a piece
    I am gonna bring a couple leptoseris, a leptastrea, an acan, and a couple favia all $20/drag
    SPS- a Monti, a WWC Yellow Tip acros, Frogskin, all $10/frag. And a sarmentosa colony $50.
    Bounces

20171105_110645.jpg

Trades and pre show sales welcome. Looking for some nice Torches, hammers, and frogspawns. Maybe some chalice frags.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I will have about 15-20 frags I will bring in small baggies.

9. Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

This link will take you to pics, I've had all these for 2 years, and bought the original from frag creations Frankie Torres. Small JB 75 there is 2 each, medium size with no red 100 each, 3 total medium JB. Big JB with red and small with a lot of red 150. Bought the mother JB over 3 years ago, she has had roughly 20 babies in that time span. Thanks

10. received_1760757637276910.jpeg

received_1775591689126838.jpeg

received_1775592009126806.jpeg

received_1775592095793464.jpeg

received_1775592129126794.jpeg

received_1775592512460089.jpeg

received_1775592655793408.jpeg

received_1775593329126674.jpeg

received_1775593342460006.jpeg

12. Any chance you would want to trade a bounce for a JB?

13. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Yes we can do that. I have the other sold so now both are spoken for

14. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I have a bunch of dry goods
    BRS one gallon GFO one new and one about half full

BRS delux media reactor

Add on DI canister

Early turbo algae scrubber

Emporror 400 x2

Old 400 watt MH ballast and reflectors

40 watt lifeguard Uv sterilizer

Julian’s thing with extra tips

Iwaki pumps x2

GRI water pump

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Frags
    Ora red Planet
    Hydnophora
    Spongodes
    Green didgita
    Pink with yellow tips birdsnest

16. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Due to a family situation I will not be able to attend. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List