1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build! Commence Eye Rolls, Clay's got a NEW build!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 1172, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I am getting a reputation of having a little of ADHD on here. But after getting almost done with my 29 gallon, I decided I didn't want to go anywhere with that tank after all. So I sold it, bought a 40 gallon breeder, and built a stand for it. BUT.... I found something and saw something on instagram... So I bought something different. My NEW build is a 20 gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Concept Abyss Panorama. Being that the name is quite the mouthful, I'm just going to call this tank "The Mini Drop Off." Enjoy!

upload_2017-2-23_8-26-34.png

2. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Those 'drop off' tanks are a neat concept. What are your thoughts on livestock?

3. Deleted member 1172

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm really not too sure about livestock yet. With the Hydra 26, I have plenty of light for SPS dominant, which is what I'm leaning toward. Really nothing too fancy. I'm more looking to get a few colonies and let them just go nuts instead of finding rare, super colorful pieces. In terms of fish, can't ever go wrong with a couple clowns. Possibly going to put a banggai cardinal or a firefish to add a little diversity. As much as I'd LOVE to fill this thing up with a few fish, I'm going to be conservative for their sake.

4. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Interesting tank. Will be neat to see it filled out

5. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Does that mean we'll be babysitting your liverock for an extended time? :)

Seriously, no problrm to keep in our sump til you are ready.

Good luck with the new tank!

6. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    This is very cool keep us updated

7. Deleted member 1172

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dave, it shouldn't be too much longer! ;) I'm hoping to have this all running here within the next week. Not much more to get for supplies!

8. I will want to watch this thread as well. I think those dropoffs are indeed cool but have been very curious about the flow/dead spot elements. I am sure it is accounted for but would be excited to see your experience!