1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Clowns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by walker1, Sep 3, 2015.

1. walker1

walker1 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    have any of you ever seen or had a pair of clowns host large clam they will not leave it for very long and will not let anyone get too close kind of cool but I hope they don't hurt the clam in anyway. Thanks

image.jpg

2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Me personally would not let them host the clam. It is cool but my clowns seem to get pretty aggressive with my rbta that I think they could damage the clam.

3. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I am With Roman on this one. Its neat, but I bet you paid a lot for that clam... and I bet a long tent runs what, $40 bucks or so? In time they will get aggressive in rubbing it down for stinging cell immunity, which the clam will be unused to, and the cheek bars will eventually damage the clam as well.

4. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I have a RBTA if you need one Josh.

5. I'd probably get a sebae anemone or long tentacle. Sebae seem stay in one spot pretty well. I just purchased a long tentacle so I'm not 100 % sure they will stay out but they should sense they like substrate.

6. My sebae I have had for couple years and he stayed right where I put him in substrate and next to rock. I have had 3 bubble tips and all three moved all over tank. 2 died to power heads.

Just my experience has been bad with them.

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Do they seem to be pissing off or damaging the clam? Looks to be open and happy in the pic. The clam could potentially kill the clowns if it does decide to close on them.
    I would agree its best to not allow them to host it, just not sure they will listen when you tell them to stop LOL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Funny

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015