1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

CF/W`LOO Tank tour

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by Waverz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped organize the tank tour Saturday. Even though the turnout was rather small it was still a good time. I don't get much one on one time with my oldest daughter so it was fun to hang out with her all day. She said she really had a lot of fun and liked seeing all the awesome tanks. It was also great to meet some new people as well as see some old famlilar faces.

All the tanks we got to view looked great! I wish I would have taken pictures. I know there were people taking pics so if you need help posting them feel free to shoot me a pm.

Tank tours are one of my favorite attirubutes of this club. I have been doing them for lots of years and one thing I noticed over the last few years is the turnout for the area seems to be dropping. It's sort of a shame that we don't get more people involved with these things. I think one thing that would help is to utilize this website better as an advertising tool. We have to keep in mind that not everyone has been on a tank tour(or any other club event for that matter). Having a post that includes things like what a tank tour is, who can be involved, and what can be expected should be included when announcing any event.

IMO this could help the turnout of tank tours as well as other club activities.

I know we sort of talked about this at one of the stops briefly and thought I would add on it. As an ex-trustee I know it can be a daunting task to plan and through events throughout the year. I would like to help get out area's participation level up. If you guys ever need a hand in promoting events let me know. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the member appreciation event tentatively scheduled Jan 11th. I'm still regretting missing last year's.

2. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry I missed it! I had planned on going, but my sister came to town. I should have my 125 up and running soon, if Waverly could be included in the next local tour.

3. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heck yeah Waverly can be included! Dike is one of the stops, so to go to Waverly shouldn't be an issue.
    To the trustees: Can a mass email be sent out?
    I really didn't want to miss this one, but I had to work, Ill get in on the next one.

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

Mass e-mails can be sent out. I have offered to help trustees with getting those sent out, but they need to let me know what they are wanting.

The tank tour was also included in the last GIRS monthly newsletter that was sent out. If events are on the schedule I always try to include them in the newsletter.

5. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Since the tank tour was less than a week after the monthly news letter I chose not to send out the mass email.

6. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

Same story in Cedar Rapids. Attendance just seems to come and go. From the stand point of a trustee it is sometimes very frustrating putting all the time and effort into planning and announcing something only to have 4 or 5 people show up.

7. i loved it and an added bonus of the small croud was being able to have a more in depth conversation with some other hobbyists. we look forward to being involved in many more to come and enjoyed everyoned tanks. saw lots of goodies on the want list as well.