1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Can`t mark all messages read

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by dead fish, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have 11 unread messages, which I read in email. I don't want to have to open each one individually so I tried to mark all read but got a long string of errors.

2. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's working fine for me.

Have you done a Control-F5 to make sure you're browser has the latest version of all the site's files?

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I go to the active topics page and most of the time the ones I have read go un-bold. Today they are not. I did ctrl+F5 and no difference.

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    My Topics is working fine. The ones I have read are blue non-bold. The ones I have not read are black bold.

6. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant all Private Messages. I keep getting that popup window telling me I have 11 unread messages and I don't wan t to have to open each one to get the popup to go away.

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    theres a box you can click on the left side. Click all the messages you want to mark and then go to actions, mark as read.

8. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. And then I get a string of error boxes and nothing's marked as read afterward.

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tested it earlier and I didn't have any errors.

Again, Control-F5 and then retry. If that still doesn't work, I need to more relevant information from you (like what browser you are using, etc).

Also, just to remind EVERYONE... If you reply to the notification emails, the user you are replying to does not get your reply. There are many people who are ignoring the "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" text, in which case their reply goes to the webmaster email. I don't do anything with them but delete them.

10. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    CTRL-F5 didn't do anything either. I tried it again and no dice. I'm on a different machine than I was last night.

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

JB, can you edit the message notification template to make the first line of the PM motification be large bold all-caps print then?

12. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, seems like a Chrome problem. I opened the site in Firefox and it worked fine.