1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Buying copepods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nlandgraf, Apr 3, 2019.

1. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  2. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I know it's not one of your 3 vendors you listed but aquariumdepot.com has a pretty decent selection of Macro and they also have good reviews for copepods. I have never ordered through them but I intend to one of these days. Another option for macro is right here. I've seen people post numerous times in search of different kinds of macro and they usually end up with some for free.

3. I've had good experience with Algae Barn and have read of other having the same.

4. If you’re trying to avoid shipping, Iowa Aquascape in WDM just started to sell Algaebarn products (pods/macro/etc)

5. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Big fan of Algaebarn, just made an order yesterday

6. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    Did we get a new fish store? Or by chance did you mean Iowa Petfood and Seascapes?

7. Yeah sorry, got the name mixed up.

8. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    Dang you got me all excited. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I ended up buying through Algae Barn as they were offering a buy one, get one free deal. I should have it tomorrow.

I also made a rash purchase through Live Aquaria to take advantage of their $50 gift certificate offer. It is a little sooner than I was planning on putting anything in the tank, but water parameters have looked good. My wife is not going to like seeing the next credit card statement. :lol::eek:

10. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My order didn't ship for a few days, and I got an email saying all shipments have been delayed until Monday due to the weather

11. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update on your order. I did find a notification from Algae Barn in my spam filter. I did get another email Monday that it shipped, but 4 days later and I have yet to receive it. It came with 2-3 day shipping. I emailed this morning to request a tracking number and ask what their policy is when the product arrives outside of the 2-3 day window, but haven't heard back yet.

12. nlandgraf

nlandgraf

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Nrenn did you end up getting your order from them yet?

13. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I did, on Wednesday I think