1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy berghia nudibranch

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by mikesams05p71, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone locally sell these? I'm looking for maybe 5 or so. Would rather buy local but does anyone have any recommendations on where to order them? Thanks.

2. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
  3. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. That's the site that I have been looking at. If no one responds locally then I'll order from them.

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I don't know of anyone that has any locally. Would they be fairly easy to transfer tank to tank once an aptasia problem is cleaned up?

5. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure. First time I've ever had this problem. Guess I've been pretty lucky.

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Not really very easy to transfer from tank to tank. They are so small. However, they tend to go at the aiptasia as a group so if the person got enough it might be easier find them. Breeders do not usually breed them in tanks with rock(s), just a tank loaded with aiptasia so they are easy to harvest.:D

7. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe how many the little things cost. I know people use peppermint shrimp but I don't trust them. I've always had them pick at lps.

8. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    They are hard to see unless they gang up on the aptasia. I know @Dendro@Dendro used them a while back and was able to collect them for other members as the aptasia were cleared up. He should be able to tell you how he did it.

9. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Should have added to the post. You don't need too many. I got 2 from Dendro and they cleaned up my 75 gal fairly quickly.

10. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I'd update....ordered last night. I wanted at least 4 to have two pair but they only had 3 in stock. So that kinda sucked but that meant I got to order some coral too so I could hit the free shipping lol. They should be here tomorrow morning. I'll try and give updates on if they work or not.

11. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Great. Takes a while for them to get going but when they do it's WOW. If you can see them and pull some out you can sell them.
    Good luck!

12. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    We had a member, JustinS (?), who was going to try to set up a breeding operation for them but I think that fell through.

They are voracious eaters and once the aiptasia is gone they'll starve.

13. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well got them in the tank. They all crawled straight into an opening in the live rock. So I'm gonna sneak in after lights out and see if I can see any. Fingers crossed.

14. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Good luck. They are tough to see. If you can capture some several members are likely to buy them. I will be one.

15. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Did you place them really close to an aiptasia? If not and you see them, try to suck them back up and put them near an aiiptasia. A smaller aiptasia if you can. I think they need to eat every 3-4 days minimum. They will not know your tank so getting them near an aiptasia will allow them to eat, gain strength and search for more. I hope they breed for you and do their job! Good lick!

16. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I put them all together in a spot where it's flat and there's some apitasia. I left all my pumps off for probably 20 minutes to let them get settled. Gotta be honest they're so ugly they're kinda cute lol. I also left the lights off all evening so that maybe they would explorer. I'll probably shut the lights off early tonight when its dark and peek in after a few hours. I would love it if they work and breed. Id gladly try catching some and helping others with them.

17. BobC New User

KCMO
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0