1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Solved Avast leak issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ricowind67, Nov 2, 2016.

1. I wanted to share this with the group about my experience with the Avast Zeovit reactor, I have owned mine since April of 2016 and it works well but developed a crack in the main tube upon my first media change.

It is controlled to cycle 3x daily at a 60 sec cycle, which is the recommendations from the manufacturer

Avast being the great company they are stood behind the product and sent a new one and the problem was solved, they had never seen the issue and attributed it to flawed acrylic.

They have excellent customer service, even sent a survey after the warranty claim, I was very impressed with this service.

Another issue that I have always fought was the inlet and outlet would leak at where it was threaded into the acrylic lid, which was sealed with Teflon. This would occur after every vibration cycle. It has progressed to the point of a steady drip.

Enclosed are a few pics of the new lid I made which incorporated ½ in bulkheads, which I hope will fix the issue.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Who is Avanti? Is that an autocorrect?

Corrected

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  3. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    Heh looks like Avast to me.

I had no idea they made a self cleaning zeovit reactor.. that's super cool if it works well. Has it worked just as well as a manual zeovit reactor?

4. yup, I stand corrected, funny. i work in the wind business and we use Avanti elevators,..doh! thanks and yes works well