1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone want to do a group order from our new sponsor?

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Feb 2, 2010.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am going to order Sunday night from Midwestfrags.com if anyone else wants in on it.
    Will have it delivered to the shop in Waterloo.
    Craig

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to discuss it with the wife, if I get permission I might do a Serpent Eye Favia, Martian Moon Favia, MWF Original PPE Acan.

I'll let ya know for sure by this weekend.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'll most likely get in on this. I'll check tonight and let you know!

-Adam

4. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for putting an order together!

We are currently offering 20% off on all prices posted!

If this order exceeds $250 the shipping will be free as well!

Make sure you check out the WYSIWYG section as there is over 150 items in there. Some very nice acans and polyps!

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with or if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!

Marvin & Matt

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm i might have to get in on this and make a drive. when are you thinking of ordering and having delivered?

6. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey snowman maybe we can get an order together closer. If not Ill ride up with you

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Ya I am in Waterloo.

Or

I bet there is enough interest for your area as well.

8. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I will get something,

9. SneakyPort

SneakyPort Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Xroads

I would like to get in on order and also do u have rbta frag for me yet by chance.  Pm if you do  Thanks

Matt

SneakyPort

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey All,

Here is how MWF does group orders. It will be easier as they will have everyone's order seperated out. Just make sure you let them know it is for the WATERLOO group order & not the DM one. Also this way they dont double sell something from WYSIWYG. For those that pm'd me orders he is holding your WYSIWYG corals for you.

We would take the order directly from the individual. They would pay>> >> for the coral. I would accumulate the orders on an Excel spreadsheet,>> >> so that the person receiving the order would know what was coming.>> >> Then each frag container would be labeled for each person so there>> >> wouldn't be any confusion trying to figure out whose frag was whose.>> >> Basically we would take and handle all the orders separately, the only>> >> thing common would be the shipping address.

11. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Matt,

I have some small ones if you dont mind. They grow rather quickly.

12. SneakyPort

SneakyPort Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

xroads

Will you hold one for me?  I will place my order for a metal halide fixture for my little tank its going in.   I just want to make sure that it has the right amount light before I get one.

Matt

Ps I will PM my order to you tomorrow

13. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,

I want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. We have done several group buys and everyone does them a little differently.

The first thing to do is establish a "point man" -- typically the organizing person which is also where the order is shipping to. In this case "xroads".

The way we have had the most success is to have communication through email (customerservice@midwestfrags.com) with each individual about what you are interested in. You then decide on what you want to purchase and would pay us directly through Paypal. I can send a Paypal invoice if you need me to.

I will them accumulate the orders by individual on an Excel speadsheet and update "xroads" every few days.

When we ship the order we will include the final spreadsheet then print each individual their own invoice. Each container will be labeled with the frag type and the individual owner.

Trust me -- we have butchered some multiple buys in the past and have found you can't be "too organized".

So if this is agreeable to "xroads" this is the way I would like to proceed. If you wish to participate in this group buy, please email us your list and I will verify that we have in stock, then send you a total which you would pay to Paypal.

I will post this in the other group buy thread as well.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions,

Marvin

14. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sounds good Marvin

Lets set Sunday night as a order cutoff & then we can get final arrangements & pick a delivery date on Monday that will work for everyone.

15. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We discussed the deadline for this group order to be Sunday. Our ship day is Monday for Tuesday a.m. delivery.

We could take orders up to Sunday mid-day. The only problem with that is if someone ordered a zoa, paly, or lps that needed to be cut we wouldn't have enough time to frag and make sure the frag was healthy enough to make the trip. SPS would not apply because they are fresh cut. So the cutoff for items we need to frag will be tomorrow. If you want to place an order after Friday for Monday's shipment, the item would have to be chosen from our WYSIWYG or SPS section.

Please email me if you have questions. (customerservice@midwestfrags.com)

Marvin

16. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok -- with Adam's order the total is $244.00 !!

So we only need $6.00 more dollars (I'll pay the shipping anyway) to meet the $250 minimum ... anyone else?

>>>> I Know -- a cheap way to drum up business!

Monday is the ship date and we just added over 100 new items to the WYSIWYG section of our site.

17. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Geez CF/Waterloo guys! Pretty sure Des Moines got free shipping legitimately /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

18. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How about someone buys me #57 WYSIWYG and that will put you at $250

19. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    lol, I may have to order something else.

Plus I think a couple people still havent ordered.

20. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks like somebody jumped on my serpent eye colony, guess i'm out.