1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone in or near Charles City??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M2R, Feb 22, 2019.

1. M2R

Charles City
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am slowly moving my tanks to Charles City from Madison WI, plus down sizing a bit until I find the right final location.

Just curious. If anyone is nearby maybe make some trades or help each other out a bit.

I suspect there are not a lot of reef tanks in a small town like this. I did see there is a pet store with marine fish about 20 minutes of here in a small town. I will have to check that out.

How are the LFSs in the larger cities nearby? Like in Mason city, do they have a lot up there?

2. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Waterloo might be a bit of a drive, but Aquatics and Exotics is a great place, and is my go-to on the weekends

Where is that?

I'm in Waverly, about 30/40 minutes south on HWY 218. What are you trying to offload?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. M2R

Charles City
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I saw a store with an internet search in Osage, but it may be closed down now according to my latest search.

I am not looking for anything right now. I am just starting to get my tanks moved. I set up a 500 gal / day RO here in IA and will be slowly moving tanks and animals here over the next couple of months. I grow LPS, I have about 50 RBTAs right now in a grow out tank, I sometimes raise a batch of clowns or a batch of sea horses when I have time and I am always raising aipstasia eating nudis. I to sell clown pairs with an anemone.

On the more humorous side I moved six breading pairs of clowns into the same 180, with a **** ton of other fish to start moving their home aquariums. Don't tell the reef central fish police, lol. I put about a dozen anemones in there and they are all getting along fine so far. There is a critical mass at which they have trouble figuring out who to fight with Big pair of cinnamon clowns seems to hide in the rocks, Maroons are dominating but over all nothing much going wrong n there. Even more tangs in there. If they get adjusted and start laying again it could all change. I should start moving fish in a couple of weeks. Auto feeders keep them healthy while I am in Iowa all week working.

5. Message ssnt

Sent from my iPhone via App

6. The Osage shop is closed, its a brewery now.

Sent from my iPhone via App