1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Anybody have a nudibranch I can buy?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Pauls biocube, Apr 27, 2016.

1. I've got about 10 aiptasia (maybe more I can't see) in the biocube that I need to get rid of and some are in spots I can't get to to use a treatment on. 1 stung my frogspawn bad enough the other night that one of the heads has shrunk down and its skeleton is showing because its shrunk so much, so I moved him.

There is a patch of about 4-5 of them in the back rock work that I found my emerald crab dead in the middle of, too.

I read (and a friend from on here also told me) the only way to get rid of them for good is to get a nudibranch and let him pig out till they are gone and that the unfortunate part is the nudibranch dies after they eat them all. But, it is what it is. Over the last year, I've went from "hey honey come look at this new thing growing in the tank, isn't it cool" to "oh crap there are a bunch of these things all over the place now...and they are causing problems".

If anyone has one I could either borrow till it runs its course or that I can buy, I live in Cedar Falls, IA, but would be willing to drive a bit to get one, if I need to.

2. Fishunt Nano Nano

Norwalk
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Found some peppermint shrimp last Thursday and by Saturday morning all aiptasia were gone from my cube. Shrimp are now scavenging left over pellets and frozen foods. FWIW.

3. image.jpg
    I thought about that, but those also eat yellow polyps and I have a ton of those towards the top of this pic. The frogspawn I'm talking about has been moved up front till I can get the problem solved.

The lights just came on not too long ago, so most of the corals haven't opened up yet, including the frogspawn.

4. chromess 01

chromess 01

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Takes a certain kind of nudi. Berghia. Seems there was a thread awhile back where a few people in the area were going to try and grow them. Im not sure how far that got. Ive seen them advertised but only from a limited number of sources. I tried peppermints too, they ate all except 1 then turned on my rfas. So out they went.

5. mpivit Well-Known ReefKeeper

Dubuque
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    There is a guy near Madison WI that breeds them.
    He goes by the screen name M&M I believe and is on the Madison Area Reef Society webpage.

Sent from my iPhone via App

6. good luck. The ones I found online were some crazy price. I've had bad luck with other things too. I've put peppermint shrimp, a file fish, AND a copper and butterfly on ONE tank to get rid of them, even assist with Redsea aptasia x, they always come back

7. jayt Well-Known ReefKeeper

Harpers Ferry, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I've had one peppermint over a year now. Always keep them in check and hasn't messed with anything that i can tell.

8. mattman319 SoManyTanks

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Have u tried kalkwasser paste? U take kalkwasser and mix it up in a small container with water. Add water slowly to make a paste. Use a syringe and feed it into the mouth of each one. Works great and super cheap.

9. I had a peppermint shrimp eat a nice rock flower anemone on me :( even seen the shrimp carrying it around after he got it off the rock