1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A new spin on "tank tours"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bud, Feb 24, 2017.

Should we try out an "Open House & Frag Tour"?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Yes!!!

80.0%
  2. Nah, current way is fine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh. Either one is good!

30.0%
  4. I like turtles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I was talking with Joe Vaughters of Coralholics (one of the Spring Fest vendors) and he told me about how his club does tank tours. I had to share this!

Our tank tours (within each region) have always been something like this: line up a set of members to show off tanks, then a group of people carpool from one place to the next.

That's ok but this is better IMO - it's more of a "Open House & Frag Tour"

What we would do is designate a whole weekend for everyone who wants to show off their tanks (I'll call them "hosts") and maybe sell some frags while they are at it. Everyone who wants to do this designates a time slot where anyone can stop by. Then, the members that just want to see tanks and/or buy frags (I'll call them "guests") can organize a carpool or just go by themselves from place to place at their leisure. This way the "hosts" can be a "guest" outside of their "time slot"

I think it's a pretty damn slick idea and I wish I'd come up with it! Having it less structured (i.e. stops all over town in a specific time window where everyone is at one house, then the next, etc) might encourage people to try and stop by a couple places, according to their own schedule.

It sounds like it works well for hosts that don't necessarily prefer 10-20 people showing up all in one shot; the guests can end up spread out over a couple hours during their Open House time.

Guests are free to go individually or as a group

It might work better in one region, while another region might be OK with the current way.

What does everyone think? Something worth trying?

I added a poll to the thread for anyone who wants to chime in but doesn't have time to post. Thanks in advance for your input!!