1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

90 Gallon stock opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjontz7, Feb 13, 2018.

1. When I get my 90 up and running, I want to add fish this time around. I have kept coral for years, but never got into fish and would like some different opinions on what you would stock this tank with if you had a 90.
    I plan on having a 2.5 inch, black sand bed for my wrasse and goby.

As of now, this is what I'm thinking of adding.
    2 Zebra Dartfish
    Potters Wrasse
    2 clowns ( black ice maybe)
    Blenny ( not sure what type yet)
    Diamond Goby ( Blue dot if they drop in price again!)

2. Bboge13 Pico Reef Keeper

Center Point, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I Love tangs so when I do my 90 ill be adding a couple of smaller sized tangs.... would really like a white tail bristletooth.

3. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I would do a trio or zebra dart fish they do better in odd numbers. They will be out in the open a lot more if they are comfortable.
    I am really hooked on wrasses right now and will be receiving a Red Lined wrasse tomorrow, they are a beautiful fish in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    So is this going to be a FOWLR setup or will there be some corals? Either way, I would consider dwarf angel.

5. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Flame hawkfish always have a ton of personality.

6. Thanks for the responses so far! I definitely will have coral. It will be heavily stocked with coral lol. I dont want to add any fish that may nip at my coral. I plan on going more towards the high end so I dont want a fish that will make me regret my decision.

7. Thanks for the info on the zebras. I'm not sure how many peaceful fish I could have in the 90 so I didn't want to over do it lol. Those Red Lined are cool! I've been looking at wrasses for a long time and the Potters has always been my favorite wrasse.

8. MadCityReefer

Madison
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I second the Flame Hawk! Definitely have personality it's one of those fish the I will always have in my Tank. Consider a Basslet like Swiss Gaurd or one of my favorite fish the Candy Basslet. IMO one of the most beautiful fish out there but it will cost you. It’s another one with Great Personality, hardy, peaceful, Reef safe of course. Love mine! Check into a pintus blenny cheap and full of character. Easily one of my favorites!!

9. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    a group of anthias added to the mix would look nice! (ive never had luck w em but they look muy bueno in other's tanks lol!)

10. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    [​IMG]

11. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    black ice are sweet love mine school of chromes,
    school of cardinals, salfin blenny, yellow watchmen and shrimp small tangs like bristle tooth tangs stay Farley small maby a coral beauty or flame angle, flame hawkfish, maby
    yellow tang.

12. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    What kind of Tang was it that you had in your tank? I remember it being pretty cool!

13. cameron lake Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -0
    salfin tang

14. StormyMoe

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I just added a sunburst anthias to my 90 along with a blue sided fairy wrasse and they're probably my favorites right now. I also have a diamond goby who is always fun to watch, a single chromis (hoping to get that up to 3 or so), and a foxface lo. The foxface is cool but he is kind of a coward and is hiding a lot...plus if I don't forget to put some nori in the clip for a day he starts nipping at my zoas (rastas of course).

15. I would love a foxface but with what I'm planning on having for coral I can't take the chance on fish eating them. I'm still researching and looking for fish that are cool and reef safe without paying more than I paid for my whole setup lol. I really like the Bartlett Anthias, blue dot jawfish and black ice snowflake clowns. I think I'm set om those fish for now. Just have to decode what to add with them.

16. 3 zebra dartfish, 2 black ice snowflakes, 1 blue dot jawfish and a Bartletts Anthias.
    Inverts: 2 cleaner shrimp, nass snails.... Not sure what I want for cuc.
    Don't know if I want to add a blenny to the mix or get a bunch of small gobies. What would you add to this list?

17. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    A royal gramma would also be a nice splash of color.

18. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    My watchman goby is a pain in the butt, keeps my sand sparkling white but also likes to cover my acans with sand. Add a flame hawk you won’t be sorry.

19. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Fairy wrasses would add a lot of color and movement to the tank